Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

They listened! And maybe their new rules allowing selling will lift this Forum out of Dullsville!

There have been an insane number of threads in the past few months commenting on how boring this Forum was. And they were right; the most interesting threads on the Forum were the threads about how dull the Forum was. Talk about staring at your own navel.

Well, I think PCGS listened to us and responded very positively albeit slowly. Many people had commented that a key reason for the dullsville nature of the Forum was the ban on selling. Well, now the ban has been lifted. Even better, the new rules for selling are simple, clear, and reasonable.

Let's give 'em an "A for Effort."

Bye now,

Just Having Fun
Jefferson nickels, Standing Libs, and US-Philippines rock

Comments

• Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JHF,

Well said. When I came to this forum in the time period you described all the postI had already seen. There was not much that I hadn't already read or wanted to keep up on.

Like a few have said I hope it stays in check and I too don't want to see any e-bay or TT posts for sale. The ones like in the past when Wondercoin would make those offers that had really neat coins (for moderns which I for one, like image ). Those were mostly pop top coins or ones you rarely seen offered and also gave me an idea of the going values, since PCGS wasn't keeping their price guides in check.
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they should rename it Buy Sell Trade II.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    The BST isn't even close to what the reg. forum was, and can be. The comparison isn't realistic.
    The BST forum is for simple buy, sell and trade posts.
    The registry forum encourages discussion.
    Eventually, the reg. forum will take it's proper place discussing registry coins.
    But, for a while, we'll have to wade through some stuff.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There have been an insane number of threads in the past few months commenting on how boring this Forum was. >>

And those threads have now been replaced by for sale threads.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Isn't it great?? >>

In a word, NO.
    This has turned into another BST forum that pushes any discussion about registry issues pages deep in a days time. No TTT's allowed? Maybe so, but is it not the same thing when your friends keep adding little, and of no value comments, about the sellers items? Things that could be handled with an IM, if you have a real interest in buying. Otherwise is ten or twelve nice coin, great coin, looks great, etc. etc. etc. necessary? If you want to get arround the no TTT rule it is. Besides, we all know when a coin looks great, if not, we are in the wrong hobby. Granted there are some nice listings here, but let them run their course. In short, if CJ's rules aren't followed closely this thing is going to be a nightmare, just like BST # 1 forum.
    Dan
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This forum was created to be a BST forum from the start, and never anything more. If it was anything else, it would not have been such a dud when there was no selling allowed.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This forum was created to be a BST forum from the start, and never anything more. >>

I rest my case. image
    Dan
  • Options
    "I rest my case." SEEEEEEEEEE That's just the point. Nobody wants or needs to "make a point" on the BST, but, boy, they sure do here! That's the difference. Isn't it great??
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to know something...when is the last time ANYONE had a trade on here.

People buy....people sell...has anyone traded?

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    You would have to be privvy to the PMs. Lots of sales are consumated.... There are not a lot of trades. Like in all businesses, two-way trades are rare. Three-way trades are more likely, but usually most difficult to put together. image
  • Options
    Dear Cointime: I hope the selling stays in check, too. But already I'm finding this Forum more interesting.

Dear F Cloud:

"Maybe they should rename it Buy Sell Trade II"

I understand your disappointment, but I don't think so. Even the selling threads here have content. That's not -- generally speaking -- the case on BST. Which is why I find that boring.

Dear Registry Coin:

We find ourselves on the same side of the barricades again. I think you nailed it when you wrote ... "The registry forum encourages discussion."

Hello Russ:

"And those threads have now been replace by for sale threads."

To which, I say, amen. I've looked through several of the for sale threads already, and what can I say? I enjoy them. I enjoy the content and the banter back and forth. We obviously disagree on this point, and I wish you well and hope you give the format a good try. Go ahead and look at some of the threads with an unjaundiced eye. I hope you like them because you add a lot to this Forum.

Warm regards to all,

Just Having Fun

Jefferson nickels, Standing Libs, and US-Philippines rock
  • Options
    I don't know. It almost seems like the US Coin Forum and this forum are a little redundant. (No offense to dark siders!)

As long as people put forum related things on the US Coin Forum, there is no need for this one. Granted, it would be nice to have some more serious coin talk stay up on the front page on ANY forum!
    Robert Getty - Lifetime project to complete the finest collection of 1872 dated coins.