Home Metal Detecting
Options

The big demo finds put together

some have asked for me to post everything i dug at that big dump i was searching a few months back. unfortunatly this is not everything ,but most of the good stuff. still hard to believe that this was just a small part of the total amount of stuff dug out there. by the end there were dozens of people who amassed a fortune of goodies similar to mine.

Comments

• Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Wow!!
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Wow, have you considered selling some of that Key money, I'd definetly buy it!
    Could you give a list of the tokens, medals and coins over there.

Thanks

TKC!!
    Want List
    Proud member of the CUFYNA
    Need a Banner Made? PM ME!
  • Options

Nice job DD!
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    BTW, How long do you dig up each day?
    If I was only older image
    Want List
    Proud member of the CUFYNA
    Need a Banner Made? PM ME!
  • Options
    that was definatly one of the best sites i've ever come across in the past 20 years of treasure hunting. i would go M-F from 930pm to 1230am. on the weekends, i would spend countless hours. the site was several acres of 1906 SF earthquake dump material. the first 2 months, were slow going and difficult at times. each day the construction crew would dig up and cover parts of the property. a productive area one day, could be covered the next. in those first 2 moths only myself and a few others were working the site.

by the 3rd month, news had traveled far and wide. the site was also by then totally tore up. stuff was all over. sometimes we would detect, dig for bottles, or just walk around looking for stuff on top of the ground. in all, i say hundreds maybe close to a 1000 tokens were recovered. at least 2 morgan dollars, including mine were found. a $20 gold was found, way over dozen barber halves, countless indian cents and V nickels, an 8 reale was dug, military belt plates, military buttons, badges, medals, railroad items. you name it, it was found there.

my items at this time are not for sale or trade. most the items are not in great condition. remember the earthquake caused alot fires. most of the dump debris was burnt.

my coin totals roughly are:
    33 trade tokens
    1902 canadian halfdime
    3 1863 coins from italy
    5 chinese cash coins
    2 SF commemoratives
    15 indian cents
    7 V nickels
    1 war nickel
    2 barber dimes
    1 barber quarter
    3 barber halves