Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1967 Venezuelan cards

Hi Fellow Collectors...

I know that a 1967 Venezuelan card is smaller than the standard 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" card, but I'm not sure of the exact size. If anyone could tell me the exact size plus or minus 1/32" I would really appreciate it. image

Thanks in advanced for your help...Donato
Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)

Comments

• Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭
    According to Krause the size you have is correct. If it is cut smaller either it has been trimmed or it was the typical OPC hatchet cut. you really roll the dice with PSA by sending them in for grading.
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    I just measured several, the average size is: 2-11/32 x 3-3/8, although I can notice a variance of 1/32" - 3/64" (which PSA would also allow assuming there aren't signs of alterations)... the quality control was just awful and they seldom are the same exact size from card to card. It is rare that they are found trimmed, there isn't much to trim off and it would be pretty obvious.

-Josh
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    Donato not sure the exact size but I have a yaz and campanella that are definately smaller and psa graded them both. I have seen several yaz's which have all been small
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just measured several, the average size is: 2-11/32 x 3-3/8, although I can notice a variance of 1/32" - 3/64" (which PSA would also allow assuming there aren't signs of alterations)... the quality control was just awful and they seldom are the same exact size from card to card. It is rare that they are found trimmed, there isn't much to trim off and it would be pretty obvious.

-Josh >>

Josh...

The size of the card I have is exactly 2-11/32" x 3-23/64". That's 1/64" under on the 3-3/8". Thanks very much for you help. image

Donato
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Donato not sure the exact size but I have a yaz and campanella that are definately smaller and psa graded them both. I have seen several yaz's which have all been small >>

Hi packCollector...

Thanks for your input also. image

Donato