Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2007 Topps Heritage

I got an email from lrcards that the nwq Topps Heritage baseball cards are out 2/28. He's selling a case in the $488-478 range. I know they will look like the 1957s, but does anybody have a checklist or any other news about them? How many Mantles, etc. Just trying to decide how deep I'm going to commit myself to Heritage this year.

Comments

• softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be 2006 right? image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Oops. Yes, Yes, Yes. 2006. Similar to the Topps 1957 Stupid Me.
  • BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    I'm like the rest of you, I can't wait for 2006 heritage. I think it'll be one hot product and the one least affected by this new rookie card rule as heritage isn't exactly purchased for that big rookie auto.

That being said, I thought someone had said on here before that Heritage would be released at a much later date next year??

I always get my wife to buy me a couple boxes for my birthday in early March every year (then I sneak out and buy a few more on my own of course) but could've swore I read on here that wouldn't be possible as the release was going to be postponed until June/July.

Guess not?? Anyone know??

Shawn.
  • Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    should be a hum dinger of a year baby!!!!!
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    mmm, can't wait! I'm splurging for 2 cases this year.

Geordie
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    I got confirmation from upper topps managment that heritage will be out around the same time
    as last year. I was also told that Mantle might be in the set, but don't expect alot..which is a bit
    disappointing. I think the rookie decision really kills the base set. If there are no rookies in this
    product, and the real one autos are at a stupid pull rate this product WILL NOT be worth
    ripping. Everyone here knows that buying a set on ebay is the cheapest way to go, but we
    have all lived for the fun of ripping.....I already shy away from 75 dollar products that have
    no ink in them, if there are also no rookies , then that just isn't worth it.

Kevin
  • Kevin,
    I don't understand. An UM employee at Topps told you-- "don't expect a lot"-- from their own product??? What does that mean? Please clarify. Thanks, as I'm looking forward to this heritage more than I have in the past.
    dgf
    I was refering to Mantle being in the product..don't expect GU and cut sigs I guess.....he wasn't saying that about
    the whole product! LOL

Kevin
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure how much heritage I will buy but it's almost right around the corner!

I'm thinking 2 cases if I can afford it. One definitely - just think for what someone pays for one PSA 8, I can have hours of entertainment - ripping packs, collating and trading.

Go Heritage!
    Mike
  • How much do/will boxes or cases go for?

1957 is my favorite set of all time and I'd like to pick up some of the 2006 Heritage.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
    So 06 heritage is coming out at the usual release date, not postponed until August??

Any idea about the exact date? Preorder status?? Case/Box cost?

I'm ready for Basilone to start a new thread, complete with his spread sheet for short prints.

Quit teasing me and give me some answers!!!!
    I heard late February..which is later than last year. My Bday is on the 27th and I always expect retail to hit around that time. I can't see
    the price of this stuff going up from last year...maybe 45 bucks cost?? Where are dealers when you need them!

Kevin
  • KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    I've switched jobs and moved recently, so I've been out of the loop. What's the rookie card limit you guys are talking about?
  • envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    On Pre-Orders you can expect to pay around $50/box (8 box case) for Hobby and @ $45/box on retail. If there is no box topper (like last year) the retail cases are the only way to go as the odds were almost identical. I busted a couple cases of each.

Check with Chris from Blowout on pre-orders. Getting them early is good but in that 4-6 week range before release you'll want to wait til a week or two before release as the price seems to come back down again. At least the last 2 years it's worked that way. Then for the month or so after release expect the prices to go up about $100/case.

I'm looking forward to this set, though I'm not committing nearly the same $$$ to it that I did last year. The collation better be a lot better this year.
    funny you bring up collation..actually I though last year was great compared to 2004...I think Stone can vouch for me there. It seemed like
    you pulled no double sp's in a case...I might be wrong there.

Topps also seemed to step quality too. 04 was again a nightmare..off cuts, printer ink stains.

I think what we are really hoping for is a solid product...better than last year and more on par with 01 and 02. The league has changed
    the rules as far as rookies go..they must be playing in the MLB for the companies to print their cards...this means all the valuable rookie
    cards will be gone....how many rookies will be MLB rosters in February??

The autograph checklist is the clincher for me. I only pulled 2 autos last year and that is totally unacceptable. I want to see, Maz,Frank,Rocky,Kubek
    Brooks and Bunning, along with Berra, Ford, Kaline and Snider....and I don't want to see them in some group A 1:234234234324234 packs
    to pull. I want NO team topps legends, if you must make them good cards. Boog Powell is unacceptable.

So is anyone looking forward to the Arod reverse negative error card???

Who will be card 95?

cut autos anyone?? drysdale? MANTLE?????

I love this stuff and Im standing with my wallet open, but topps has to do their part too. Give us what we want topps!

JS

• envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Kevin-the SP Collation was very good, I had some issues with the commons in a couple cases. If you want to count or disregard the light backs, I had a lot more of them in my retail cases than my hobby cases.

I pulled one auto, lucky for me it was the Bob Feller flashback auto #/25. I pulled the same damn seat relic card of Ernie Banks about 8 times. The game used cards were pretty worthless in my opinion.

The quality was definitely better than 04, at least with what I opened.

Either way, I am looking forward to the release this year. I am wondering if they will have a box topper (which I missed last year) and if so, what it will be. Anyone heard any rumors?
  • softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stalin, how many rookies do you want? Maybe I am old school but the way every young prospect was printed on to a card and thrown into the big league mix was ridiculous. A rookie on the card should be the same as the rookie on the team. Which means he is ON the big league team or A big league team in the end. But hey, what do I know? 2005 Topps Heritage was the first modern issue I have actively purchased and collected since 1987

Dan

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• I just noticed the first 2006 Topps Heritage on e-bay. A presell and the guy only has one more to sell.
    Dan

I want value and that means rookies..keep in mind, 05 products have rookie cards in them of guys who won't be playing for years now. The
    lag will create a big hole in prospecting. Billy Butler sells, not some base card of Angie Molina. Besides 2001, heritage has always had
    all the great prospects and that is good!

Kevin
  • I got my email from blowout cards ,they are looking for 520 a case. I'm still up in the air if I want to go with this or not.
    Owner of the hobby shop in my town doesn't buy directly from topps but through a "middle man". He received his pre order info and showed it to me. His cost is $54 a box. I thought the cases were 8 boxes per case. Is this true? That would make a case $432, plus shipping and his mark up for me. I'm just betting he could get me one for under $500.

I was going to buy just a box or two from him and couple more on eBay (buying from him to keep him a little business and from eBay to save more money) But by the last post, I may not get any cheaper from ebay. If I'm right about 8 to a case, then $520 would be $65 a box. That's not real cheap is it?? If it is a good price, LMK, I'll probably be buying a case on my own.

Much more than I'm use to spending, especially at one time. I may have to do some selling to free up some cash immediately.

Shawn.
    There are 6 cases on EBay right now that say they have 10 boxes per case for $499. Think that's a misprint? If not, that's not a bad price for 10 boxes.

2006 Topps Heritage Cases
    There is no way I pulled the trigger on anything presell until I see a sale sheet in writing. I will remind everyone here that
    it is very dangerous to assume that 06 topps heritage will be a great product. Topps has to prove to me that they card about
    this product and that they put effort into it.

It might be fun to hear what people are actually looking for in this product.

Im looking for nicer real one autos and no filler/sticker autos. Im also looking for a nicely designed base set with an insert set to match
    I am going to LOVE seeing Mantle on the then and now inserts.

Topps has their shot here. If they hit im a buying man.

500 is a nice price for a pre sell, but that isn't the way to go on a product sigh unseen

Kevin
    Hi Kevin
    When are you specifically thinking about a case buy?

The problem with waiting to see how the product performs "live" is the fact that you will not be able to get a good price on a case at that point?

Know what I mean?
    mike
    Mike
  • When do you guys think that a retail case price will come? For me as a set builder, retail has been the better way to go. I thought last year it was only a couple of weeks after the first sight of hobby. Also, does anyone know who else will be selling retail cases other than blowout cards? I like Chris, but competive pricing is always good. Thanks!
  • mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    I'm dreading sticker autos. This year's Heritage Football had them for the first time. I hope Topps knows better.
  • mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    That ebay auction looks like bunk to me - 1 auto a box? Printing plates? How does he know that?
  • helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    Here's the info from blowout.

2006 TOPPS HERITAGE BASEBALL 8 bx Case for $520 ($65 a Bx rate !!)
    2 Case Lot for $1000
    (5 Cases available) (02/27 Release)
    24 Packs per Box...8 Cards per Pack...Topps Exclusive Mickey Mantle Cards....Expanded autographed retired player lineup from 1957....Combined insertion rate autographede/relic cards 1:36....Relic, Dual, Relic and autographed relic cards

I think that ebayer is reading the auto/relic insertion rate of 1:36 a little more generously on the autograph side than what reality will prove to be.

The question is what "expanded" lineup means. More common players or more stars with more copies of their cards? I'd love to see autos from the Robinsons (I think they're a given), plus Kaline, Aaron, and will Mays and Koufax be available with Donruss in the state it's in? I'd really love a newly designed Musial like the 1955 version. But more Spook Jacobs and Johnny Schmitz I could do without. Not that I'd ever pull one, anyway.

With Topps' recent sets with a historical slant, I think cuts from Mantle are a certainty, plus other non-baseball figures, even if there are only a handful.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
    sticker autos=no 06 set building for me.

Is nothing sacred anymore?

Kevin

Stone....Im not talking about waiting until the release...maybe a few more weeks so we can see the sale sheets

Do the retail cases come with the boxes with two rows of 12 packs in each box, or are the three rows of 8 packs just like the hobby case boxes?

I was just looking at some 57T cards and thinking about the upcoming Heritage.

Are we sure that the borders will be on the large size?

I think it will kill the effect.

mike
    Mike
  • I got my case from Larry Roselli cards (lrcards.com) as a presell at $489.
  • I haven't started doing my research, but do any of the 'big' dealers have these for pre-sale yet? At $489 per case, that's still over $60/box. Anyone know who might be the best to buy from for the '06 Heritage?
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
    I emailed Clay at topps an no answer. Hopefully they were kidding. I still think its too early to be thinking presale. I would like to see
    a number next to "topps team legends" autos and of course the boarder issue too.

Kevin
    Bought a case of 2006 heritage with free shipping from LRCards.com for 489 with paypal....

i really dont see how it can get much cheaper then that.... You got to think the shipping cost at least 15 bucks...so that puts the case from 490 to 475.....on ebay i see presale at 500 then 15 for shipping....so LRCards is pretty nice considering my only cardshop in town is going to have hobby boxes at 100 bucks on release!!!! He has the 45 dollar a box football heritage at a wopping 100...heck maybe he will sell it at 125 a box for baseball LOL

Regardless of the AUTO's and such..its fun to bust open packs and ya never know you might get lucky- 2003 my case i pulled a willie mays auto real one blue ink..its still possible!!! At the time i didnt realize how lucky i was!!! I dont think he signs for topps anymore....

At any rate ...... Hopefully this year i luck out and get a centered case with great commons and SP correlation...last year my Common correlation left me 100 cards from a base set after i cracked my case..which is unheard of...should be at least 3-4 base sets per case ya know??

This is the last BIG set of the 1950's design cards...i think the next boom for heritage will be the 1961 and 1967 design sets.....but nothing quite as big as 1952 though 1957!!!....next year i plan to buy a few blaster boxes and get the stars i want from 1958 but as for putting the money down for a case i highly doubt it. If the product is so good i cant stand it i will get another case later for a rainy day if at all possible. Putting 1000 dollars down for this set is too much...but dropping 200-300 online for a set that might have OC cards is too much too!! You have to build it yourself to asure quality if ya know what i mean....i dont accept any offcenter cards, cards with creases, or cards with rollerbar marksimage...only way to assure your set is top notch is to build it yourself...That and the fun of cracking the case is well worth the extra money in my opinion...and ya just might get lucky with that auto pull..i know i did in 2003!!!
    is it just me or is LRCARDS.com out of 2006 heritage baseball cases??
  • I talked with Larry on Friday, and he said he only had a few left at that price. He said that he would get some more from another source after this first batch were gone, but that it would probably be in the $520-540 range.
    well i got one at 489 delivered.....after that i may just buy blaster boxes...who knows...

whats the difference with retail and hobby really when it comes to SP's etc...

above and beyond rookies this set has special meaning to me because of the last 3 years ive worked to perfect a CENTERED 1957 most psa 6-7 set with a few high end 5's that look like 8's....i mean i have the originals...i dont care this year the bottom line is im building it!!!! as far as next year??? FORGET IT..few blaster boxes and maybe buy the stars i want and im done...ill never do this again.....its my final run baby!!!

loth
    So have we decided that the release of this is the last week of February?????

I've been seeing eBay auctions for boxes of this stuff and the end always says shipping will be within 30 days of auctions end. Is this something the seller is not changing from most of their descriptions, because the last week of February is still 60+ days away.

Also, can we change the title of this thread to reflect what year we're in here???? I have enough confusion in my life. Or at least get Basilone to start a new one.

Shawn.
  • I usually get off to a late start when it comes to new products, but I have decided I am definitely going to do this set this year as I like the look of the cards and Heritage has everything that makes collecting fun; nice cards, reasonable price, lots of people doing the set (for trading opportunities), relatively easy to obtain (online, Target and shop).

I am wondering if it is worth preordering a box. What is generally a reasonable price for Heritage boxes?
    Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    David
  • jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    I have not been real quick on the Heritage either the last two years. Everyone talking about how good they've been. I am not so sure that they have been much more above mediocre at best. The first set was awesomeand it has been going south ever since. Crapy colation, lousy autographs, and cheesy relics. Topps needs to step up this year and start the trend going back north in quality, colation, and autos. I really would like to get a case upfront now, but fear that it will just be another half-hearted effort. I still need 30-40 SP's from last year on 6 boxes opened and a ton of ebay purchases! That sucks. A set builder I am, but I need to see proof of quality. TOPPS, GIVE US A PRODUCT THAT YOU ARE TRULY PROUD OF!
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets