Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mint condition with slightly frayed edges

If you need a chuckle, you might check out the auction below. He says the card is mint with slightly frayed edges. He does not mention the corners. Or does he mean the corners?

I wonder what he grades a card that has sharp corners (and edges)? From the appearance of the corners, a card with sharp corners should grade at least two or three grades higher that his mint grade. Those would be pretty lofty grades. Above mint comes Gem Mint or Pristine, and above that what? Super Gem Mint or Pristine Gem Mint? Probably one grade higher would come closer. What could that be? Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Gem Mint?

His reserve is a conservative $75.

This all in fun, but his auction is not.

#8726915513 (I don't know how to make this a link)
Registry sets:
1954 Topps BB
1955 Bowman BB
1956 Topps Super BB
1957 Topps BB
1969 Topps BB
1984 Donruss BB
1961 Fleer W.S. Pennants
1960-62 Fleer Team Logo Decals Run

Comments

• Options
    Look at what they sell - it appears to be a place that sells off things from estate sales and the like and really has no idea what they have (and not in the good way either). They have "old" baseball cards, so they just have to be worth a lot of money, right? I ran into something similar a few months back-a card I was interested in was listed with a starting bid of $1000, when on a good day it might get $30-50. I didn't even bother with an offer-when someone is so far off, whats the point?
    Always looking for 1996 Select Certified Football.