Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Won a 1968 Topps Venezuelan #90 Vida Pinson

On a hunch, earlier this month, I bid the minimum bid of $15, with an unknown seller for a 1968 Venezuelan Topps card #90 of Vada Pinson. SCAN OF VADA PINSON CARD!

I won it! Not expecting much, to my surprise, I received the item promptly, and I must say, this card may be one of the finest examples known for the entire series. There has been only 84 examples graded by PSA, with only 3 receiving a Top grade of PSA 7.
I feel confident that my new card should also grade PSA 7 (I'll be happy with a six! LOL!). Well at the very minimum, I feel like I got a good deal! image

rbd

edit: A happy, healthy and safe Thanksgiving weekend to all!

Comments

• Options
    rbdjr1,

Nice f'in card. I know little about Venz. Topps, but I think you got an absolute steal! Way to go! Let us know what the grade is. Can you make a scan of front and back and post? The auction pics kinda suck. It would be fun to do a what grade will I get thread. Congrats!

Damian
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    Nice card, I took a look at it when it was listed but decided to pass... hopefully you do wind up with a strong grade. I own the other 7's and most of the 6's from 1968... they grade them with the exact same standards they apply to regular 68 Topps cards, so if the corners are strong and the surface isn't dirty/stained (a lot of 68's are dirty because there is no gloss and it's cheap cardboard that stained easily), you should have a 6 or 7. I can't see the centering, but looks like 7 range, so that shouldn't be much of an issue. They actually did a pretty half-way decent job on the centering for 68 Venz cards.

• Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>Nice card, I took a look at it when it was listed but decided to pass... hopefully you do wind up with a strong grade. I own the other 7's and most of the 6's from 1968... they grade them with the exact same standards they apply to regular 68 Topps cards, so if the corners are strong and the surface isn't dirty/stained (a lot of 68's are dirty because there is no gloss and it's cheap cardboard that stained easily), you should have a 6 or 7. I can't see the centering, but looks like 7 range, so that shouldn't be much of an issue. They actually did a pretty half-way decent job on the centering for 68 Venz cards. >>

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll post the grade here! rbd