Home Sports Talk
Options

Bears or Bucs this week?

Hopefully the Bear's defense will, again, carry them to a win. Still not sold completely on Orton, but,hey... Dilfer did it with the Ravens in 2001.

Cheers ! Wick

Enjoy collecting vintage baseball cards, memorabilia and autos

Comments

• Options
    Bears and the under........a 10-3 score wouldn't shock me.image
  • Options
    The Bears are in for the classic letdown game on the road.

TB 17
    Chic 10
  • Options
    bucs beat the bears this weekend. Kyle Orton is god awful. He will have 5 ints.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    Good call guys. Kyle Orton is god awful but he will never throw 5 balls again that can be intercepted. They were trying to air it out against Cincy and that was also their last lost. They are playing a time control game on offense and will not air it out again.

This is great. They have won 7 in a row, have the best D by far, and people still think they are terrible. ESPN gives them no face time either.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>Good call guys. Kyle Orton is god awful but he will never throw 5 balls again that can be intercepted. They were trying to air it out against Cincy and that was also their last lost. They are playing a time control game on offense and will not air it out again.

This is great. They have won 7 in a row, have the best D by far, and people still think they are terrible. ESPN gives them no face time either. >>

you watch the games? Orton got lucky on most passes in 1st quarter. Even jimmy johnson was ragging on them. They ran the ball in 2nd half though even though they didnt score.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    Not only do I watch but I go to the home games.

As I said before, they will no longer air out the ball and Orton will not throw 5 picks in a game. Their game plan is to use clock, play the field position game and capitalize off of defensive stops and turnovers. The offense is not good, but effective at chewing the clock. They also have the 5th best rushing game in the NFL.

Say what you will, they are 8-3 and just beat a tough Bucs team at home.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>Not only do I watch but I go to the home games.

As I said before, they will no longer air out the ball and Orton will not throw 5 picks in a game. Their game plan is to use clock, play the field position game and capitalize off of defensive stops and turnovers. The offense is not good, but effective at chewing the clock. They also have the 5th best rushing game in the NFL.

Say what you will, they are 8-3 and just beat a tough Bucs team at home. >>

Zef,

Your points are right on, but as all of us Bears fans know.....sooner or later the offense will have to score. Luck tends to happen more to those teams that work harder, but if you look at the standings, you will see that the Bears have the lowest points scored (182) of any division leader. As a matter of fact, the next closest team has scored 61 more points. Of course, the Bears have only allowed 120 points, which is the best in the league. Some may relate to the Baltimore team that won the Superbowl, but that team was somewhat of an anomaly, and it is unlikely that it will be repeated again.

Look at the spread between points allowed and scored. The Bears stand at 62 points for the season, while the other division leaders range between (-36 to 153):

NEW ENGLAND: -36
    CINCINNATI: 81
    IND: 153!!
    DEN: 93
    DAL: 55
    CAR: 78
    SEA: 88

At 62 points, there is little room for error for the bears defense. As a Bears fan, I am rooting for the team, but am not holding out great hope for the big one. But then again, I picked them to go 5-11 (6-10 stretch) this year. image

Also, the Bears have taken a strategy of running the ball to eat the clock rather than throwing, but in yesterday's game, I think the Bears only held the ball 10 seconds more than the Bucs. In order for the Bears to succeed under this strategy, they have to (1) get a lead, and (2) eat the clock but a very large margin.

Go Bears.....NFL's version of the White Sox!!!! I think....I hope.....

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Kyle Orton has been awful??? Hardly, for a rookie he's played well. Look at Manning's record his rookie season. Orton only has one quality receiver on the outside since Bradley and others have been injured. He's playing to manage and not lose the game, which is exactly what the coaches are allowing and wanting him to do.

There is parity in this league and very little difference in capabilities among the teams. Witness all the upsets almost every week. The difference is mistakes, penalties and coaching and of course injuries and the bench.