Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

For sale - 1971 Topps baseball PSA 7 set

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone,

I am offering for sale my 71 T BB PSA 7 set. You can find it on the registry under "MACPSA 1971 Topps Baseball PSA 7 Set." Current ranking is # 24 on the Current Finest list.

The set is offered at $ 2995.00 which includes shipping and insurance. You will receive a total of 402 cards graded PSA 7 (NQ) including ALMOST EVERY MAJOR STAR CARD IN THE SET (Munson, Jackson, Carlton, Rose, Seaver, Kaline, Carew, Bench, Morgan, B. Robinson, Garvey RC, Ryan, Yaz, Killebrew, Palmer, Perez, Mays, Brock, F. Robinson....) in addition to many of the high #'s.

At $ 7.45 per card you can't go wrong and you certainly couldn't piece this set together for any less. I can email scans if you would like. Anyone interested please email me at machemehl@insight.rr.com.

Thanks,
Mike

Comments

• Options
    I forgot to add that about 15 to 20% of the cards in the set are serious candidates for upgrades to 8's.
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I forgot to add that about 15 to 20% of the cards in the set are serious candidates for upgrades to 8's. >>

That is an absurdly high number!!!!
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    Mike, if your set does not sell, I might be interested in a few cards I need for my set. Feel free to drop me a PM.

Matt
  • Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    Lostdart,

I don't doubt it for a minute. Trying to figure out exactly which of your 1971's to submit is a nightmare because under 10X, the corners all look ugly. Given that it's one of the toughest issues to grade, it can't be any easier for the PSA grader(s) that get stuck handling 402 of these bad boys. The standards aren't that remote from one another either.

NM-MT 8: Near Mint-Mint.

A PSA NM-MT 8 is a super high-end card that appears Mint 9 at first glance, but upon closer inspection, the card can exhibit the following: a very slight wax stain on reverse, slightest fraying at one or two corners, a minor printing imperfection, and/or slightly off-white borders. Centering must be approximately 65/35 to 70/30 or better on the front and 90/10 or better on the reverse.
    NM 7: Near Mint.

A PSA NM 7 is a card with just a slight surface wear visible upon close inspection. There may be slight fraying on some corners. Picture focus may be slightly out-of-register. A minor printing blemish is acceptable. Slight wax staining is acceptable on the back of the card only. Most of the original gloss is retained. Centering must be approximately 70/30 to 75/25 or better on the front and 90/10 or better on the back.

So an 8 can have a "minor printing imperfection" and a 7 can have a "minor printing blemish"... both can have a slight wax stain on the reverse...an 8 can have "slightest fraying at one or two corners" and a 7 can have "slight fraying on some corners"...centering is only marginally better on the 8 and we've all seen perfectly centered 7's. So the difference is that the 8 is a super high end card that appears to be a 9 at first glance...which brings us back to the "Grading is subjective" which is why I don't doubt that a well put together set could easily have 15-20% upgrades.

The problem would be picking out which of the 402 to submit. At $5 a card minimum to re-grade, it would cost you over $2000 just in grading fees alone. Which is why I agree with the seller...at $7.45 a card you can't go wrong assuming that you want to work on finishing the set.

Regards,

Alan

• Options
    I have a correction to my count above. It is actually 401 different instead of 402 different PSA 7's. Four people are kicking the tires but nobody has bought the set yet.

Mike
  • Options
    Mike, Any scan's available on the stars?....................Jim.