Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

USFL Topps Set Collectors???

Anybody ever attempted one of these sets in psa grade?? Any thoughts on these sets??

Comments

• Options
    I have both sets, but even though I only took them out of the box maybe twice, they are not as good of condition as I hoped. My H. Walker came back a PSA 6. Hard to keep in great condition in that tight, flimsy box.
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    There are some nice sets on the set registry.Here they are:

1984 USFL Set

1985 USFL Set

Teh 1985 set at 9.5 100% complete is awesome. The red boarders are tough to keep perfect!
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    ive noticed the deep pink backs of the 1984 set are impossible too....this is truly is tough to do in even 8 i would think...same with the 85 set. Interestingly enough I do feel the photography is better on the 84 USFL set then the 84 NFL set...and im a fan of both!

loth
  • Options
    I've been working on the 1984 USFL set off and on for about a year, but it has not been a high priority. My direct submissions have been fairly dissapointing - pretty consistant 8s when I'm looking for 9s. 4SC, DSL and a few other dealers periodically have a batch come up on ebay, and I can usually pick up the commons for less than $10 - often less than $5. The stars- Kelly, Young etc - are fairly easy to find on ebay - just a bit pricey. One of my goals for this year is to finish this set.
    John Vineyard

• Options
    sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    The centering on the '84 USFL set is horrible ... these cards always have some sort of diamond cut. There are several Reggie White PSA 9 RCs listed on EBAY that show this example.
  • Options
    never thought of getting it graded, but I guess the sets are 20 years old now.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    the first submission that i ever got a psa 10 grade contained the 1984 reggie white in summer 2004. of course we know what happened to him at the end of the year. last time i checked there were only two 10's of his card. i hestitated whether to put it up on e-bay. i guess i am waiting to see if he goes into the HOF this year. i very rarely see any 10's offered. the rest of my cards were 7 & 8. i never really handled the cards so just dumb luck on the white.