Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

'91 Topps break - ate gum - I AM GONNA DIE!

I got my wax boxes of '91 Topps in the mail today. Typical of the tradition, I pop a few pieces of the gum in my mouth, chewed for a few seconds, and then proceeded to gag. What the hell is up with the '91 Topps? By the far, the most inferior card stock used, even when compared to previous years. Horrible Q/A in regards to centering, cutting, etc.., and now what the hell did they do to the gum formula? I've had gum older than this and they've never tasted this bad. I've gone through half a tub of tooth paste so far and my mouth is still nasty. Great. One day before Turkey day and I'll probably be nauseous all day tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    By the far, the most inferior card stock used

I really agree with that statement!

You should place the gum up for sale on Ebay. I bet somebdy would buy it!
  • Options
    <<<<<You should place the gum up for sale on Ebay. I bet somebdy would buy it!>>>>>

especially if its shaped like moses or jesus..."LOOK MOSES HAS APPEARED IN MY GUM>>>> ITS A MESSAGE FROM GOD

that could go for big money
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options

<< <i>especially if its shaped like moses or jesus >>

"Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><<<<<You should place the gum up for sale on Ebay. I bet somebdy would buy it!>>>>>

especially if its shaped like moses or jesus..."LOOK MOSES HAS APPEARED IN MY GUM>>>> ITS A MESSAGE FROM GOD

that could go for big money >>

Moses in my gum; the Mick in my grill cheese...it's all good!

Mike
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Just great. Two boxes, zero Clemens, zero Ryan. The only two cards I was looking for. Didn't get a Chipper Jones either, but I don't care about him so it's no big deal. This really makes the (still) sour taste in my mouth even more sour image
  • Options
    My guess is that since 1991 are such cheap ass cards that the gum is the cheapest you can find to put inside a pack of cards.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>My guess is that since 1991 are such cheap ass cards that the gum is the cheapest you can find to put inside a pack of cards. >>

Why would you need to find gum to put inside a pack of cards?
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions