Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Some new stuff I've made..

These are cards I made before going to Toronto for those who like seeing the latest.. image

Comments

• Options
    I like the new formats you are coming up with. Very appealing to the eye.

- Cheers! Wick

Enjoy collecting vintage baseball cards, memorabilia and autos
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I totally dig this design!
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    I liked the sqare sig cut better.

But its still by far better than what most companies do.
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    Very unique and altogether well done. More good work.
    "Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image
  • Options
    Great way to use the odd size cuts. Is the corner of the index card the actual corner of the card, or is there some of your own material on the outside of it? Either way, great concept.........
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    as usual a very nice job.

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Really incredible! I like them much more than anything the card companies are doing.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knuckles:

Really like the colors, particularly the brown(s) on the Plante card. Very striking and crisp. Have you ever done a Howie Meeker?
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    Hey Knuckles

These are tough autos to pick up--all deceased HOFers. Are you picking them up on ebay or do you have another source? Also, have you obtained any forgeries by mistake? Just curious. I think the Horton is especially nice.

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Knucks

Great job as usual - I like the design very much!

Mike
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knuckles, you are one hell of an artist! image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Have any of the major card companies come knocking on your door yet? Good job...
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot guys. image

Have you ever done a Howie Meeker?
    Not yet but will once his autograph falls in my lap. image

Are you picking them up on ebay or do you have another source? Also, have you obtained any forgeries by mistake? Just curious. I think the Horton is especially nice.
    eBay.. other online auctions (I have 20ish in my favorites).. autograph dealers.. Haven't obtained any forgeries yet. I've pretty careful and do my homework with the pricey graphs, comparing them with authenticated examples, watching for the pen stops etc..

Have any of the major card companies come knocking on your door yet?
    Nope although Brain Price president of In The Game 'ITG' whom make great modern hockey cards of mostly vintage type players came to introduce himself at the Toronto show and mentioned that he may be in touch with me next year when they have their licensing back. So that's better than nothing I guess. image
  • Options
    I think autographed cards and all this game used insert crap is just that, crap.

That said, I think those cards (and others you've posted before) are absolutely incredible. They have a real personal flavor to them that blends the autograph to the image to the card as a whole making it a truly cool autograph, and not just a name jammed on a card with a picture, like most Topps etc auto cards I've seen.

Wow, sounding like a food critic there. Anyways, awesome stuff.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knuckles,

I love those new design cards in this thread...they are absolutely awesomeimage I just looked at your website and your Maurice Richard is beautifulimage

If I can ever find my Patrick Roy 3x5 autograph, I'm seriously considering sending it to you through your website to let you do your magic on itimage

Steve
  • Options
    Very cool Garette!!!

Hey did you ever get that card with 18 signatures back from PSA/DNA

Would love to see that one slabbed.

Jery
    Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys.

No, it's been sitting here waiting while I make other cards to send along in the same submission. I'll send it away pretty soon and probably have it back in January.
  • Options
    FYSFYS Posts: 194
    Knuckles,

Have you ever done anything for Tony Esposito or Lou Angotti?
  • Options

Awesome work Garret.

I dig the simple fronts with more color.

They have a little more pop than your first creations with the grey background and team/nhl logos. Which were beauties also.

I gotta send you an Orr Cut. What size works best for you?

Bob
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Garret-
    These new cards look great. I agree that the color really works on these cards.

BTW, where do you find your photos? I know there has been a lot of talk about logos and copyrights, but aren't there copyrights on photos also? Not that it matters to me, just curious.
  • Options
    Really nice Garret - your stuff just keep getting better.
    C56, V252, V128-1 sets
    Hall of Famers from all 4 sports