Home Sports Talk
Options

Thome traded to whitesox!

thome for CF aaron rowand.

this not good news for mets fans. this free's up money for philly to match offer to wagner. looks like mets are gonna have to way over pay now for wagner. maybe just go after bj ryan?

Comments

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    brian, where did you hear that?
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    LOL its chris... front page of espn.com pending phsyicals
  • Options
    just saw it ... thanks CHRIS image
  • Options
    Could Konerko be on his way out then? I know the Angels are interested. I'm not all that high on Konerko.
    Looking for Los Angeles/California/Anaheim Angels in PSA 8 or better
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    yes rumor has it konerko will sign with angels. which leads me to believe manny will be a met and the mets might actually steal him bc no one else wants him.
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    I'm not quite sure what I think about this trade. I liked Rowand, thought he was a great defensive CF.

Thome is left-handed, which we need. He had some injury problems, which we don't need. The Phillies are including $22M with him, which is good. His presence on the team at 1B or DH likely means either Konerko or Frank aren't coming back. Which I don't like. image

I guess I'll wait and see how this trade plays out. Kenny may have more up his sleeve. Juan Pierre?

In the end though, it doesn't really matter because we won the World Series. It's just gravy from here on out for a while. image
  • Options
    jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    Southsider,

Just about a perfect post, I agree with everthing.

Just hope Thome will be injury free and Brian Anderson or Super Joe Bourchard can finally develop and come thru !!

This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    This trade doesn't preclude the Sox resigning Konerko. They needed a left handed bat and Thome will be the DH if Konero is resigned. The Sox are blessed with a lot of outfield talent in their minor league system, hopefully Anderson will respond to the opportunity. What this really means is that Frank Thomas won't be resigned, which is sad.
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    KUHLMANN HOWS THE XBOX???
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Is Frank Thomas done with the Sox?
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>Is Frank Thomas done with the Sox? >>

Everything I've heard has pointed to this...saying Thomas is done with the Sox...Thome would be filling his spot, and the CF they have to replace the one they traded is cheaper and does everything as good or better.