Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Shipping to Canada Question

It has been awhile since I shipped cheap coins to Canada. What's the preferred method for coins under $100? Which customs form do you use? Any other advice (i.e. customs form info, postage cost, etc.)?

I just shipped some expensive coins via Global Priority, but I can't remember how I was shipping cheap coins.

Thanks for your help! Dennis
www.jaderarecoin.com - Updated 6/8/06. Many new coins added!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!

Comments

• Options
    For shipping to Canada ... Air Mail would probably be best at up to two weeks delivery time. Standard surface mail to Canada can take up to six weeks due to a whole bunch of miscellaneous delays. For customs forms ... go here.

Steve
    1st You Suck - 04/07/05 - Thanks MadMarty!

Happy Rock Wrens

You're having delusions of grandeur again. - Susan Ivanova
    Well, if you're gonna have delusions, may as well go for the really satisfying ones. - Marcus Cole
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    If it's insured you need the big multipart customs form, for non insured and global priority you need the small green form. FYI, the USPS changed forms a while back. If you have old forms you need to get new ones at the PO.
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If it's insured you need the big multipart customs form, >>

Unless you ship Registered Mail. I shipped a bubble mailer via Registered and insured, and used the small green form.

For cheaper coins, I recommend either Air Mail, about $2.00 or Global Priority, $4.00

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

I shipped about 10 packages today and I went with Global Priority. The costs ran from $4 to $8. The G.P. envelopes were $4 (flat rate) and the boxes were priced by weight. We have a private 3rd party insurance company that charges $0.50 per $100 of coverage. I would say that Global Priority is the way for ALL packages to Canada at this time, considering the delays that plague other shipment methods. Thanks to all for your responses.

Dennis
    www.jaderarecoin.com - Updated 6/8/06. Many new coins added!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!