Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

O.T XBOX 360

Is the XBOX 360 on their or their kids Christmas lists ?

I heard people were standing on line for days only to find out that the stores had run out of them

I noticed last night that some were going for close to $ 2.000 on Ebay . Unbelievable. If i had known that i would've been first on line at Walmart, bought a system for $400 and then resold on ebay

Thank goodness my kids are still young enough not to know what the craze is all about.

Although i do plan on picking one up for myself shortly lol

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw the graphics from it on TV last night. The players "almost" look real - simply amazing.
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    You'll be able to buy them by the dozen within 2-3 weeks. At $400 a pop, only the hardcore gamers are lining up, and not many parents are giving their kids $500 game systems (because you need to buy games too at $50 a crack). The guy who paid $2K for one on eBay is a moron.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Problem is why make 2 versions of it. Might as well spend the extra $100, but the problem is all I want is a gaming machine, I do not need all the extra bells and whistles with it. Kids already have PS2, Xbox and other handhelds. When does it end? Get the Xbox360 now, and then they will want the PS3.

Stingray
  • Options
    stevek,

i agree. I saw the commercial with Shaq sweating on the foul line ( dosen't he always sweat when he needs to shoot a freethrow ? )

Looked like the real thing
  • Options
    When PS2 came out they were selling on ebay for at ridiculous prices for 3-4 months becuase they were nowhere to be found...and it was released in march, not xmas time. XBOX 360 will be profitable to anyone who can get their hands on one well into next year.
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    I played it at walmart.. it is amazing. they are selling on ebay for around 2k all day long now. i get mine on friday through a preorder. best buy also said they will get more in on the 2nd. i agree i think there will be plenty available in 2 weeks.

microsoft is just hyping it right now.
  • Options
    Ebay Prices are way down. Some people have posted systems for buy it now prices of $3,000 or more which no one payed. So they should have sold them on the RELEASE DATE when they would sell for no less than $1000 up to $2,500 on basic no reserve same-day auctions.

So release date mark-up of over an average of about $1000.

Day after release is a markup of around $200-$300 average.

So the really greedy people you see on EBAY with Really High BIN prices will never see the High price they would have recieved with a normal auction that ended on the release date. Pure Karma.

• Options

<< <i>When does it end? >>

as long as there is a profit to be made, they'll keep making em...
  • Options
    People are morons! Anyone remember the "Tickle Me Elmo" craze from a few years back. Or after that it was the Furby that everyone had to have. I'm a PS2 guy myself so I'll be waiting for the PS3 coming next year. The thing people forget is that at this point both systems will be somewhat of a disappointment because the game developers need time to figure out what it can and can't do. There might be a handful of worthwhile games for the 360 right now but you won't see the best it can do for 6 months to a year. It's strictly a status thing to say you have it now.
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its it like camping out for a movie for 2 weeks, just to see it on opening night. As I recall, I can walk up the next night, get a ticket and see the same movie without the hassle. Status is over rated. I'll keep my PS2 and buy the 360 when its $199 a year from now. Used games will be $20 by then too.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    i live about a half hour from cleveland and heard on the news that people were in line for two days at a walmart only to be told that lebron james had already purchased 20 of the stores 30 systems. i didnt think they would reserve them for anyone but i guess he isnt just anyone.