Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Can Someone make me a 1963P MS67FB Roosie plaese

Ever since I started my wash set I've neglected the Roosies. I need a 63P Roosie PCGS MS67FB. I'll pay $3K for the
first one made.

Comments

• Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    Ohhhhh......gotta go make one!

The 63P is one of the lowest (if not the lowest) pop Rosy dimes in MS67 (about 30 pieces) as well as having the distinction of being the last date in the silver series for which a MS67 was made! That makes this an especially tough coin - very hard to make in MS67 and very hard to find in full bands!

The one advantage is that the Phil mint made a ton of 1963 coins.........unfortunately, a goodly chunk has probably been melted give the high mintages (not a scarce date).

$3000 is a bunch of incentive!!!!!
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Craig,
    Want to buy some OBW rolls???image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nick,

Don't let Craig fool ya. He already has one lined up from this e-bay auction of toned beauties image

I was able to pick up the JFK Halves, Nickels, and Quarters image

Ken
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm serious here. $3000 for the pop 1, If you make 2 at the same time I'll pay $4400 for both, If
    you make 3 at the same time I'll pay $5100 for all 3, and so on. White will do but I would prefer
    a toned one. Offer good until April 1, 2006.

Now start checking those rolls and albums......
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm serious here. $3000 for the pop 1, If you make 2 at the same time I'll pay $4400 for both, If
    you make 3 at the same time I'll pay $5100 for all 3, and so on. White will do but I would prefer
    a toned one. Offer good until April 1, 2006.
    Now start checking those rolls and albums...... "

Nick: Just curious. In your opinion, do you believe the wholesale value of the 63(p) Roosie in 67FB would drop from $3,000 for a pop 1 to $1,700 for a pop 3?

When the 63(p) Roosie was pop 0 in MS67 (yes, the last date in the silver series to achieve an MS67 grade), I slabbed the first (4) MS67 coins from a lot of original BW rolls I purchased. I still have some of those rolls left - perhaps it is time to take a look at them.

Wondercoin.

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Nick: Just curious. In your opinion, do you believe the wholesale value of the 63(p) Roosie in 67FB would drop from $3,000 for a pop 1 to $1,700 for a pop 3?

No, I would still pay $2500 for one of the 3, I'm saying that if someone made all 3 at once I'd take them off their hands
    at a discount, otherwise just sell me one....Besides you have to have a starting point, everything is negotiable....image
  • Options
    Nick........glad to hear you're "back" into roosy's for a while.......image
    Craig
  • Options
    Nick and Craig,
    I sure wish I had a nice roosie icon coin like you guys...image

FUN is just around the corner.....let the vino flow......speaking of which, we all need to remind Krytonitecomics to bring his stash of super wines!!! Official party room is at HoJo's!!!image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
  • Options
    I sure wish I had a nice roosie icon coin like you guys

Bill, At least ours isn't AT....image
  • Options
    A wesome T oned??image
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm serious here. $3000 for the pop 1, If you make 2 at the same time I'll pay $4400 for both, If >>

Ok so I have you down for three 1963 MS67FB's will there be anything else?
    Dan
  • Options
    Nick, you are ruining all the fun.....lets forget the MS67FB....how much for a MS68FB 63p????? I might just crack a few OBW 63P rolls for that!

Bill, your icon coin is Awesome Toned.....how much pixie dust did MrD sprinkle on that picture to make it so purdy??? Any chance you could crack it out and get it into a SEGS MS70 holder? image
    Craig
  • Options
    I have two 63P's that are about 75% and 90% Full Bands........can I get 75% or 90% of your price? I'll gladly take a marker and write FB on the slab..........image.......they're pretty toned too!

Craig
  • Options
    Nick, got an MS65 (that's what the holder says........wrong) that's pretty close too.......remember this one?

Craig
  • Options
    Craig, Close just doesn't cut it in the coin world. Nice try though...image
  • Options
    Well.......always worth a try! Pls, brings the post back up to the top again! <grin>
    Craig
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nick:

We are now almost 4 months later...any luck with this coin?

later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, but I will never understand why you would pay 3K for a coin that be had 1 point lower for 20-30 bucks. I just drool thinking of the dimes I could buy with that 3K.

Jon
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615

<< <i>I'm sorry, but I will never understand why you would pay 3K for a coin that be had 1 point lower for 20-30 bucks. I just drool thinking of the dimes I could buy with that 3K.
    >>

Because he put this out in public months ago and is still looking.
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    It might be awhile, but good luck

David Hall says ownership always adds a point, but from my recent submisssions in Roosevelts, it seems to me the current PCGS slabs that are MS67 that I have, would come back MS65 if submitted raw now
  • Options
    Don't be ridiculous! HRH says grading standards do not change.

So I guess all of us are suffering from age-related eyesight deficiencies!image
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    "I'm sorry, but I will never understand why you would pay 3K for a coin that be had 1 point lower for 20-30 bucks."

Try and find one in the under grade (MS66FB). Nice problem free ones get bought up as fast as they become
    available. $30 will not get you one. I'll pay $300 for all the problem free 66FB's you can send me. I'll even up my
    offer to buy the first 67FB made (sight seen of course) by 10% and will pay $3K for a second 67FB made.

• Options
    The $30 was for a 66 not 66FB. I won't pay crazy money for the Bands on Roosies or Mercs. I'm trying to collect all dimes from 1796 to present by date and mm and major varities. So my 63 dime has to be a $30 coin giving me $240 for other coins I need. I guess I would rather have a complete set in nice grades rather that a Rooseie set in high grade FB, and you are the opposite. That's cool. That's what makes the world go around.

I hope you find your 63. I wish I could find it for you! I could use the 3K. I don't doubt for a second that this coin is super tuff to find or you would have one by now. I'm looking for nice AU seated and barber dimes and some of them are super hard to find also. That's the fun of it. If they all became available at once I couldn't buy them all anyway.

Good luck,

Jon
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Nick I guess the answer is still NO then. Dimeman I see is very passionate about his coins, and I fully understand his theology of why would you pay $50,000.00 for a 1945 MS67FB Mercury when you can have a beauty of a coin in the same grade with 90% Full Bands for $300.00. Jon, the difference is that in 1945 the Philly mint absolutely did not make FB dimes. In any grade in FB they are a condition census rarity. The top Mercury collector in this Registry only has a MS66FB. This of course is just an example and one of the best FB's that come to mind.

Anyone can own a 1963 MS66 or MS67 dime...Only Nick will own one in a MS67FB! He is very passionate about his coins and I am certain that he will find one.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Paul,

I know what you mean. Go look at my 1945-P and see what I mean. I paid a little over $100 for that coin and it IS beautiful. EX: Larry Shapiro.

Jon
  • Options
    Paul, The answer is still no luck. As far as I can tell the pop for the 1963 66FB hasn't changed in over 6 months.
    I do own one of the 2 NGC 1963 67FT's. That will have to do for now. The problem I'm seeing is that even upgrading
    a 66FB to 67FB isn't even an option. Most of the 66FB's out there would not get the FB designation today if cracked
    out and regraded.
  • Options
    Did anyone collect FB dimes before the tpg designation? I know plenty collected fs nickels and fbl halves before the designation.

Oh!! Unrelated question...

So if people have been collecting fs nickels since the late 70's, why the heck didn't they set aside more fs nickels from like 1981 and 1983! I guess they didn't like moderns back then! image