Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

When do you add the card to your set?

I am getting close to finishing my 72 Topps set.......787 cards.....

It has almost always been my policy to add a card to my set when I actually get the card in my hand, whether I won it on ebay or bought it or traded for it directly from another collecter etc.

I sell some cards here and there.....dups and cards that i have upgraded........I find it odd when buyers will add these cards to their sets before i even ship the cards and sometimes before the buyer even pays for the cards.

....as far as I am concerned...the card is not officially yours until you actually get it in your hands......
Collector of:Baseball
1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

Comments

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I always wait until a card's in hand before I add it. Doesn't matter if it's coming from a seller, trader or PSA. I'm way too superstitious to do otherwise.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I used to wait, I cant bare it anymore I add the thing as soon as its paid.
    Now looking for a 1950 Bowman Baseball Box as pictured below.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Agreed, wait until you have possesion of the card before adding it to your set.

Stingray
  • Options
    I always wait until the card arrives.
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    Once I pay, I add it. The registry is my inventory system and I don't want to make the mistake of buying the same card twice due to temporary amnesia or slow shipment of a card.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    I usually add it when I pay. after buying the same card twice several times this is my feeble attempt to prevent myself from doing stupid things
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I wait other times I dont. All my cards have pics attached that I have in hand. When the new ones come in then I scan and add them. If you submitt to PSA, get the grades and the cert numbers wouldnt you add them before you got the cards back from them? I add them as soon as I get the cert numbers as I do own them.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    I don't add them until I have them in hand. I have had cards lost and damaged in the mail, and I only add them once I know they will work in my set. In addition, I like to scan them and add them at the same time.
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    I believe the rules opf PSA are that you don't enter the cards in your sets unless you physically have them in your possession.

Saying that, I prefer to put them in immediately as I often end up buying the same card again.
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Davilillo is back. Good to have you back on the boards. Are you going to contact me about the Greatest Moments set? Email me if you need my #.

Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I have a shattered SGC slab, 2 cash refunds from sellers, several PayPal buyer complaints (2 full refunds, 1 partial refund), and a few other cards paid via money order that I never received that argue strongly against inputting the card until you actually receive it.

And I also received on 1 occasion a PSA 9 instead of the PSA 8 pictured in the auction.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    262Runner262Runner Posts: 606 ✭✭✭
    I always wait until I have the card in hand. I scan it, then imput it. I like to include scans of my cards in my sets.

Collecting all cards - Gus Zernial
    Post Cereal both raw and PSA Graded (1961-1963)

• Options
    Gettin bad when PSA contacts you to have a card removed from your set and the auction ended the nite before and you still havent received payment.
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    always in hand .

Welcome back Dav
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Thank you Shane and Calleocho--will probably continue to post more on Network 54 but will add things here when I can.

Shane-sorry for the delay on 71TGM--will try to get my thoughts together on what I want to do on that set. Approaching a new budget year so its time to consider new things.

Jim
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Jim-
    Just let me know when you are ready.

SL
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    Once I've paid for it I consider the card mine. Adding a card without paying for it is IMO cheesy.
    Whoever said we wash away with the rain ?