Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    It's hilarious - nothing that soiled would have sharp corners! image
    Wondo

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Here's an article about this card and it's sellers..

Article

Funny read, especially what Cobb's lawyer says.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    That exact same article was posted last year, funny they just re-released it.

In their defense, they aren't the only people that wouldn't let a card out of their site. I have people, usually older, ask me all the time about grading and how could I trust the companies not to switch my cards etc. Granted, this thing probably isn't real, but they seem to be convinced that it is...Personally, I can't blame them I guess. Take to the nationals and have GAI do it onsite, they'll let you watch as they grade it. image
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    The 'powers that be' (???) aren't authenticating it because they're black?

"The big auction houses and grading companies don't want someone coming out of nowhere with a card as good as the Gretzky card."

Pathetic.
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poof, its ended early to dodge the e-bay costs. pay the $25 to get it looked at and after PSA is done list it for the $2 reprint it is. Payed $1800.00 20 years ago for something he knew nothing about. I got some land in Florida and a bridge in New York I would like him to look into too. A fool and his money.......
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    The forged documents in the listing's pictures section reminds me of the CBS/Mary Mappes/Dan Rather/60 Minutes scandal from last fall!!!