Home Metal Detecting
Options

Made quite a haul this weekend!!!

Plus alot of drivingimageWell everything started on friday,with a hunt in a small demo.I found a couple of wheatie's,shell token,star token and a social security card(metal)
Then sat went hunting with Boxtopp,where I got a merc a few wheatie's and 2 marble's.
Then sunday went on an adventure with a couple of buddy's where we found some out of the way old park along a river.Looked at least from the 20's,so we started hunting it.Right off the bat I find a merc,so that was it we hunted that place for 4 hr's.I picked up a bunch of wheat's and a silver piece of jewelry along with a little bit of clad.
Had a great weekend and Boxtopp will have to go hunt with you again after some rainimageForgot the total was 23 wheatie's and 2 merc's

Thank's for looking and HH,Tom

Comments

• Options
    Nice finds! Sounds like a fun weekend.
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    Very nice! Good going with the silver and jewelry! image
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    Neat stuff man!

I found a similar star token like that right next door to my house. It was an aluminum? good luck token. Somebody on another forum told me that they used to have vending machines where you can stamp your name or whatever you wanted on them. Mine evidently was a screw up because only one letter was printed on it. I took it as what it was (good luck charm) and it paid off. I found a merc. dime that day, just as you did. Weeeiiiird. The ceramic thing looks like a sink stopper. I found an OLD one (made of metal) in a field where a house used to stand (only good find of that day). Upon cleansing I found a fingernail under all of the muck. Hmm.... Wonder if the local college can do carbon dating? (lol.. just joking on that one)... Nice finds man. The first time I had seen a metal social security card was when my grandfather died two years ago... it was in his filing cabinet.

Ryan
  • Options
    Hey Ryan when I found that goodluck piece I thought it was a coinimage and then I rubbed it a little and noticed the hole's.Then I knew what it was,the ceramic piece I figured came off some type of kid's toy,but it could be what you said also.
    The soc card has a name and number on it,but I am going to have to clean it a little better to see what it say's.HH,Tom
  • Options
    sweet image
    Stacy

Sleep well tonight for the 82nd Airborne Division is on point for the nation.
    AIRBORNE!
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Nice finds. I like the two pieces of jewelry above and below the SS card
  • Options

<< <i>Nice finds. I like the two pieces of jewelry above and below the SS card >>

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage