Home Metal Detecting
Options

Need some help with token I.D.?????

I belive somebody else here found and posted one of these token's on here and found some info on it.If anybody remember's or can give me some help on this one??

Here is a pic with a half dime to show size.

This is the front,I believe it is George Washington,with the word's"God and are Country"

Back,it has some writing on it but is hard to make out with it being so small.

Thank's for any help you can give.HH,Tom

Comments

• Options
    I've found two in gold here.

The back contains the Lord's Prayer "Our Father who art in heaven...."

<< <i> Initially, the Mint's chief engraver, James Barton Longacre, fashioned two pattern two-cent pieces carrying not only dissimilar designs but also different inscriptions. One of the patterns featured a right-facing portrait of George Washington on the obverse, along with the words “God and Our Country” above the bust. The other – the one adopted – bore a simple shield with crossed arrows running through (and beneath) it; above this, a scroll proclaimed: “God Our Trust.” In each case, the reverse was dominated by the statement of value “2 Cents” within a wreath of wheat, encircled by “United States of America.” >>

• Options
    Thank's Man,I knew I had seen that somewhere.This is a start,I think there were some either made of bronze or copper and some in silver.HH,Tom