Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

Official pairings for Thanksgiving Swap- Check last post by me

Short notice but let's do it. Who's in?

OK Guys (and Gals) let's do a Thanksgiving Swap. Rules are the same. Let's sign up and get one rolling. Deadline for entering will be Sunday nite Midnite PDT. Monday morning the pairings will be posted. Get something ready now and ship out Monday 2 Day Priority Mail and we should all exchange right in time for Thanksgiving.

Who's In? Let's go.image

Comments

• Options
    Count me in!!!! $50-$150 no problem, if more please pm me.
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Rules are the same. >>

For the newbies here, what would those rules be? image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    From the words of BOOM:

"THESE ARE YOUR BASIC RULES. ANY QUESTIONS...ASK

The rules for any and every swap that I organize always remain the same. To find these rules simply go to the opening post of any previous swap hosted by me. Next, when signing up, unless otherwise voted on by the Majority to the contrary, the MINIMUM value will be $50.00. That figure seems to work best for everyone however if you, as you sign up, would like to raise the minimum (or lower it) just state so right then and there.

Naturally, if swap mates want to agree among themselves to a higher value, there is absolutely no problem whatsoever with doing so. You must agree on what pricing guidelines you and your mate will follow and adhere to it.

If any newcomers want to partake they WILL BE thoroughly screened by yours truly and as long as I host such swaps there will NOT BE any "Hit & Run" going on around here. Newcomers will be screened, information verified and approved by me. You will be made to provide ME with a valid email address, your REAL Name (which will remain anonymous but to me ONLY should you wish to remain anonymous) AND address along with phone numbers....THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS AND HAS TO BE AND IS GOING TO BE.

In the event that even after I've thoroughly screened someone, he or she DOES turn out to be a con artist, not only will their Names be plastered all throughout these Message Boards/ Forums but you are looking at being prosecuted for theft and Mail Fraud. Let's hope this does NOT transpire. This sort of activity will NOT be tolerated.

OK, so go to the opening post to any past swaps I've hosted and see the Rules which are etched in stone. OK everybody, sign up and spread the word. Go out and recruit some bona fide collectors that you can vouch for. When signing up if recruited by someone, please post the person's Name that recruited you as I'll have a little Bonus Giveaway for the person that recruits the most but REMEMBER, when you DO recruit you are vouching for that person as one of Integrity and outstanding Moral Turpitude and basically standing good for that person.

I have had recent reports of "Problem swappers". I know who you are just as you know who you are and I tell you now, if it does not cease IMMEDIATELY I PERSONALLY will ban you from these swaps. Are we clear on this?"

This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

• Options
    For an easier breakdown once approve by Boom,

At the close of the assigned date, Boom will assign partners.

You will pm your partner and find out what their likes, dislikes and needed coins are.

You will also co-ordinate with the other party as to the amount value of the trade.

You will then have to decide on what value scale you want to compare your swap to....ie...pcgs price guide (www.pcgs.com) or current auction value of same coins on either yahoo.com or ebay.com

You will then find out from your partner whether the trade will be raw coins, slabbed coins or in some cases the partner will allow you to pick current day auctions in the agreed value and you can bid on them.

You then swap your addresses

You then swap your coins

then come back in here and tell everyone about your experiences.

Please remember that this is not a time to get rid of crappy coins or garbage...this is to share....and have fun!!!!

Thanks,
    Earl

• Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Excellent job Earl. Thanx.

Let's POST UP and enter people!!!image
  • Options
    I would love to do this one... but due to being deployed it has been to hard and to much crap to continue with the swaps. I thank Musky for being VERY VERY understanding, however until I get back to the states, I feel it is unfair to others for me to continue swaps. Boom, thanks for the invite, but PLEASE keep me posted on upcoming ones, because I will continue once Ive returned.

Will
  • Options
    Ok boom I'm in.
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in. Sounds like fun!
  • Options
    Hey Boom, count me in ,$50.00 sounds good for me. MoJoMaNimage
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    LouieLouie Posts: 1,132
    Boom, as usual I am in. $50.00 or $100.00 is fine with me. Keep up the good work. Louie
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Hey Louie, ANY thoughts on making good on the Morgans still owed me?
  • Options
    Aija and 19Lyds.....,are you guys IN? Aija, Old friend, you should have come to me with this problem

It's Part of my self imposed duty as swapmaster to make sure these situations are taken care of. I hope you guys work this out.. COME ON Fellas (Louie) etc) TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS. IF YOU OWE THE MAN, MAKE THINGS RIGHT.
  • Options
    ALRIGHT, I NEED TO PRIVATELY HEAR BOTH SIDES OF THIS SITUATION. LOUIE/ AIJA...PM ME, BOTH OF YOU. WHAT'S GOING ON HERE. I WANNA HEAR BOTH SIDES. image
  • Options
    OK, I'm in! image
  • Options
    I'm STILL waiting to hear from you, Louie !

Everybody else...LET'S GET SIGNED UP.image
  • Options
    Hey count me in! Thanks!
    Andy
  • Options
    Oh Boom! What is the pairings?

I'll be leaving town here in aboot 12 hours!
  • Options
    OK, so everyone involved here is a seasoned swapper. Aija and Louie, I, as you well know, have a very full plate at present but I assure you that I will research both sides and see if I can do my best to come up with some sort of answer for you guys.

Here are the official pairings:

B00M swaps with MorganHunter2 and vice versa

eyoung swaps with BlindedByEgo and vice versa

Mojoman swaps with Aija and vice versa

Louie swaps with asnovell and vice versa.

This is all we have and this is what we will go with. MAKE IT A POINT TO CONTACT YOUR PARTNER. A couple people asked about the swap but did not feel comfortable enough to take part. No sweat. Let's keep this simple, OK?

Exchange likes and dislikes with your partner and let's not make this difficult. Be satisfied with what you get and by the same token don't look to dump your undesirables on your partner. Agree on a figure and a price guide and please treat each other well, OK. Happy Thanksgiving to all.image

If I overlooked someone (I will double check) I will edit and ammend this post. Enjoy yourselves and again, have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving. We DO all have a lot to be thankful for, yes even including me. Some of you know what I am talking about. Some don't. Just leave it at that. Take care now!!image
  • Options
    Boom,

Just wanted to let you & others know what a great experience I had dealing with Mojoman.
    I say dealing instead of trading because, I hope, it is more than a trade.....
    I believe our 'dealings' will continue, whereas a trade is a one time deal.

I want to say I wish Mojoman only the best in the future.

Happy Holidays to all,

Augie