Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Considering selling a high-quality set: venue??

dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
I need to raise some $$$, and am considering putting a #4 All-Time, quality Registry Set into an Auction.

Obviously, it would be easier and preferable to sell the set in its entirity, directly.

I haven't tried to sell such a thing on the B/S/T Board here, or anywhere else outside of auctions.

Does the B/S/T Board attract bids for such material, in anyone else's experience here?

Any other suggestions?

PS: This kinda relates to TahoeDale's thread here. image

Comments

• Options
    What kind of coins are they?
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB,

3CN Proofs (the #4 set I'm referring to), and probably a Frankies FBL as well (current #14).

Manofcoins:

Thanks for the heads up about the deadline. I do have an exploratory email in to Heritage.
  • Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    FUN is perhaps the best venue of the year. Huge attendance great advertising and lots of $$ floating around.

Sorry to hear you're thinking of selling David, but that chateau on St. Bart's must be awfully nice. I would have a "no tops allowed" rule.image
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does the B/S/T Board attract bids for such material, in anyone else's experience here? >>

It depends on how you define bids. If you mean cheap insulting bids, yes. If you mean serious real money bids, no. The BST isn't a good venue for selling sets as an intact unit.

Russ, NCNE