Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Mail Call... from Andy Bruce

Andy:

Please consider posting a picture of the coin that just came in the mail... your picture is better than anything I could ever do and plus the folks here would probably like to see it. It is a 1734 Crown...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTT... sorry but it could be worth it... I like the picture and the coin...image

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    A 1734 Crown, can't wait to see that.image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    SEPTIMO or No A in ANNO?

That's a nice portrait, BTW......now, where's the image?image
  • Options

Hi Robert,

Glad that you are happy with the coin - i was pleased with how quickly you got the coin.

Any how here are the images :

Obverse

Reverse

Many Thanks

Andy
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    BSBS Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, That's an incredible coin.image
  • Options
    Coinkat was very quick and snapped this up within 6 days of me placing it for sale on the website! image
  • Options
    Andy:

Thanks for posting the pictures... and I am happy with the coin and my pictures would not look nearly as good as yours. Those that are able to take good pictures and post them deserve the credit. I still think that Crowns ranging from 1662 through 1750 are worthy of any collection... liteside, darkside... or whatever...

I am very curious as to the high grade surviving population of these crowns not to mention the mintage figures even though it is not likely that accurate records exist.

edited to add:

I am very pleased with the postal service and the speed in which the coin came from the UK... that was impressive and exceeded my expectations

• Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Great coin, 'kat! image
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options

<< <i>Andy:

Thanks for posting the pictures... and I am happy with the coin and my pictures would not look nearly as good as yours. Those that are able to take good pictures and post them deserve the credit. I still think that Crowns ranging from 1662 through 1750 are worthy of any collection... liteside, darkside... or whatever...

I am very curious as to the high grade surviving population of these crowns not to mention the mintage figures even though it is not likely that accurate records exist.

edited to add:

I am very pleased with the postal service and the speed in which the coin came from the UK... that was impressive and exceeded my expectations >>

You're more than welcome, Robert.

With regards to the Postal Service, I used 'Airsure' for this coin (rather than the usual 'International Signed For') as this is meant to be a speedier delivery (and fortunately for the both of us, it was true to its word!)

Cheers

Andy
  • Options
    PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭
    Wow! That's a real beauty image - Preussen
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions
  • Options
    Well, as attractive as this one is, it has officially been upgraded...image

I guess accidents happen...

• Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought me a George II shilling from Andy, back on 14 January 2001. Andy must like the old boy.
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    bosoxbosox Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice one. image
    Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com
  • Options
    BailathaclBailathacl Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    GEORGIVUS is gorgeous....
    "The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson