Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Roger Neufeldt is having his own show in Dallas this weekened....

worth attending? It's just him and no one else. I have heard good things about him and some horror stories about him.
Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

Comments

• Options
    I know Roger pretty well. He used to be a big time hard-ass. Really rigid on prices. He's mellowed over the past couple of years. If you want vintage to build a set with and don't mind VG through EX-NM, you'll find a lot that you need. But, if you want the nice stuff, you'll pay nice stuff prices for it. If you send him an email asking for something specific, he'll bring it with him this weekend. So in short, he used to be the guy to just look at his stuff, now I buy a lot from him. Hope this clears his name a little, and I'll gladly talk more about him if you need.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. Is his raw stuff priced accurately in terms of condition, i.e., if he prices something as NM, am I likely to look at it and concur? I have heard that he overgrades.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    He's pleasant enough, but I found things way overpriced without the flexibility. Grading is at the older standards, so the cards are graded and priced at EX Mint but they'd grade 3 or 4. The prices for the grade are usually better in a Mastro type auction.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Can you post the information on the Dallas show? Thanks!
  • Options
    Roger is a nice guy but isn't real negotiable on his nicer stuff. He grades his higher end stuff accurately but also quotes smr prices for ungraded stuff. I have bought from him and everything usually grades on what we agree it will so I essentially paid smr plus grading fees for the stuff I bought.
    Collecting Vintage Boxing Cards