Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question about Paypal

Hello,

I was recently reading the post about the Bobby Orr card that was tampered with and now I have a question. I am disputing an item that I received and have filed the Paypal complaint. They just started their investigation. What happens if I call my credit card to reverse the charges right away? Would I still be able to use Paypal in the future?

Thanks for your insight.

Comments

• Options
    yes, you could, however, paypal will not reverse the charges afterwards, the reason they dont want you to do that is simple, PAYPAL fronted the money to the seller, than was reimbursed by the credit card you used when the charge was deposited into paypal's bank account. Now, if your credit card reverses the charges paypal's bank acount gets debited, as well as a charge reversal fee. Then the paypal claim is then between paypal and the seller, and paypal will be attemting to get the money back that THEY paid the seller. If the seller has withdrawn the funds already and left the paypal program and the bank account that the seller had linked is gone paypal is left holding the bag.

I have heard (NEVER SEEN THIS) that paypal will go back to the buyer and find for the seller and debit that money from the buyer when he/she has a balance or try to get the money from the buyers bank account.

I know for a fact that certian sellers opened their paypal accounts with a savings account that is never used only with the exception of recieving paypal acounts then take the cash out right away from thier paypal accounts not so much to protect against paypal but more so, to stop fraud buyers from filing a claim and then having the money debited back out of thier accounts.

Also, you have a certian amount of time to file the claim with your credit card for a charge back, most cedit card co's are 60 days, but it varies, I would check with my cc company, and stay on top of paypal, they have been known to drop the ball, and then you are left holding the bag. I would start calling 7 days after filing my claim on-line.

good luck..

The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    Thank you very much for your insight. I do have my Paypal account linked to a personal bank account that I basically use for Paypal. I remove the money, just like you mentioned.

If I don't hear anything soon from Paypal, I'm going to reverse the charges from my credit card. This is specifically the reason that I like to pay via credit card!
  • Options
    did the seller put delivery confirmation on the item?? If not, then it would have easier and wiser to claim you never got it.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!