Home Metal Detecting
Options

Just found out this week...

that when I return to the states in early to mid February of 2006 that I am going to southwest Oklahoma. My family and I will be relocating to Altus AFB. I was hoping to get Florida but from all that I have seen of the area around Altus, it doesn't look too bad. I know that there was a post on here recently about some of you hunting some of the old ghost towns and Oklahoma seems to have quite a few. Does anyone know if most of these areas are now privately owned? How would I go about finding out how to get out to some of these areas to do some detecting? Is anyone else here from the area? I do believe that hamiltonjh is fairly close (within 3 hours or so) in Texas. Anyone else?

Also, I think I read on here before that State Parks are off-limits. Is this correct? I have also seen alot of posts on different boards where people are out hunting parks, sidewalk areas, bus stops, etc. Are these areas open game for us md'ers?

Thanks in advance and I'm sure I will have a few more questions when I can think of themimage
Speer34

imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087

<< <i>Also, I think I read on here before that State Parks are off-limits. Is this correct? I have also seen alot of posts on different boards where people are out hunting parks, sidewalk areas, bus stops, etc. Are these areas open game for us md'ers? >>

Check locally when you get there. I have no problems hunting anywhere in NH, but in Mass, State parks are a no-no.