Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I doubt it. I've never known the seller to be a trafficker of sheeters. Plus, '69-70 O-Pee-Chee hockey - at least the second series - isn't exceedingly difficult in high grade.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>I doubt it. I've never known the seller to be a trafficker of sheeters. Plus, '69-70 O-Pee-Chee hockey - at least the second series - isn't exceedingly difficult in high grade. >>

yawie99,

did OPC "print cuts" produce smoother edges for '69 OPC hockey, compared to all the "rough cuts" in '70s OPC baseball cards?

TIA rbd
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I could be totally wrong on this since I've handled and submitted just a very small number of '69 OPC cards, but I think that the second series cards are much more common in high grade than the low series - and again, I'm not even sure where the dividing line is, but I think one series has 99 cards and the other 132. I remember hearing that the second series cards, unlike the first series cards, were availalbe in vending form and that those cards tend to have cleaner cuts. That information might be as good as what your friendly neighborhood basehead would tell you, but I basically trust that card to have a 1969-70 cut.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Yawie is right-- the second series is way, way easier. Also, the sheet cuts which I've seen don't have the blue color on the borders that this one exhibits.
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    Bob, there were tons of vending 2nd series 69 opc hockey which I heard was cut by topps for a dealer so they don't have the rough cuts. I think the pop report on both the norris and the all star orr's from the second series are in the 50's at a minimum in psa 9.

"zsz70" has the most experience with these as he cracked some of the vending cases but unfortunately psa has banned him from the boards so we as collectors lose out. you may be able to find an old thread somewhere
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭
    Thanx!

packCollector, yawie & Boopotts!

rbd

edit: too bad about zsz70 getting the boot! why didn't they just give him 2 minutes for roughing? I look for his "past postings" on the subject!
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    Mystery solved already by others. As Boopotts stated, the blue colour on borders indicates that the card has not been sheet cut, as does the LR centering--no way an expert sheet cutter is that badly off.

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough