Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Some nice Lincoln Proofs sold for high dollar last week, but I don't see them in the Registry.

DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know where these coins are going? One was a fairly nice for the grade 1911 in PR66red that went for $9,200.
Doug

Comments

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My belief is that there are thousands of fine collections that will never been seen here.
    WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone know where these coins are going? One was a fairly nice for the grade 1911 in PR66red that went for $9,200. >>

Where did this sell?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    Where did this sell?

Heritage - $9,200

There was also someones proof Lincoln collection in the auction with some fairly nice coins, both NGC and PCGS.
    Doug
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

High Dollar My A$$ ........The last 1911 in Proof 66 brought more than $14,000 and this one looked nicer.I'd say someone got a nice coin for a good price !

Stewart
  • Options
    There was also a 1940 PR67Red that went for $4,300.

The 1911 pics speak for themselves, both on the low side of 66, IMO.

Are there any new players? I kept waiting for that high dollar Bickell coin to hit the registry, but it has not.

$9,200 from the Sounder Collection:

imageimage

$14,950 from the Bickell Collection:

imageimage
    Doug
  • Options
    I agree with Stewart. The Sounder looks much nicer than the Bickell (maybe it has to do with the quality of the photography?). They both look like solid 66's, however.
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    some vibrantly colored matte proof lincolns are scarcer more beautiful and the ultimate in matte proof lincolns over their average red counterparts
  • Options
    Here's a close up of the Sounder coin. I just don't think $9,200 is a bargain for this coin.

Doug
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know how I missed that coin in my search.

Looks like a low end 6 to me also. Hard to compare the 2 given those pics.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear