Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

hey how much all these worth?

I was wondering how much these cards were worth any help would be great!

SGC graded:

1989 Topps traded #41T Ken Griffey JR. rookie in 96(Mint)

1990 Upper Deck #17 Sammy Sosa rookie in 86 (NM+)

1993 Upper Deck #449 Derek Jeter rookie in 88 (NM/MT)

1990 Upper Deck #72 Juan Gonzalez rookie in 92 (NM/MT+)

PSA graded:

1998 Bowman's best #109 Randy Moss in Mint 9

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Brent

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

Comments

• BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    The top four are worth probably between 8-12 bucks for all four. I'm not sure about the Moss.
  • coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭✭
    I would think more unless sports card prices have gone way down.

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    modern baseball has gone down a lot...8-12 bucks is a low conservative price but you are filling up your tank with the sale of these cards
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    Here is an idea of what they are selling for:

Griffey 89 Topps T 41T

Upper Deck Jeter 1993

Sosa 1990 Upper deck

Juan Gonzalez 1990 Upper deck

The selling prices on the Sosa and Gonzalez ( a PSA 8 can be had for $0.99 in the BIN listings) cards are particuarly pathetic.

Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    About as much as 1 Morgan dollar in MS 63................

SD
    Good for you.
    wow whatever happen to baseball cards? It seems like they went form being expensive to being worthless?

• BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I would think more unless sports card prices have gone way down. >>

Then put them on Ebay and see what happens.
    what kind of sports cards are still valuabe? I have rookies of like emmit smith and many other well known sports players!

I dunno, but which Morgans in 65 still retain the hi book value they once had?

Steve
    Good for you.
    morgans usually keep going up in price because of their age and their demand!

So do T206's and E cards.

now how about those 65's? they still up?

SD
    Good for you.
    yup! You have some you might be interested in trading?

Mine are all locked away. sorry
    Good for you.
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭✭
    all the garbage from about 87-95 save a few cards is pretty worthless...

John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
    any chance of prices going back up?

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The period John is referring to...

Except for a few gems, in general, this stuff is so plentiful, it will probably never be worth much IMO.

I have a bunch of stuff I will eventually donate.

mike
    Mike

<< <i>any chance of prices going back up? >>

I got a better shot at becoming the next Queen of England.

Mike
  • BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭

<< <i>all the garbage from about 87-95 save a few cards is pretty worthless...

John >>

Yep. They started out way, way high in the late 80s and early 90s because of hype and artificial Beckett (price guide) values. Then the inserts started happening and collectors realized at how much stuff there actually were that would never, ever go away. You can find unopened boxes and sets now for about the same price as then.
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

<< <i>all the garbage from about 87-95 save a few cards is pretty worthless... >>

Make that '66 on, save for a few cards here and there.
    Vintage (pre WW2) continues to climb, Pre WW1 astronomically so.
    80's on is just a big pyramid-type game.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

lol I cannot believe I actually thought my cards were worth hundreds of dollars!

Now you know I feel regarding my MS 65 Morgans.

SD

Edited to add: just kidding with ya.
    Good for you.

<< <i>Now you know I feel regarding my MS 65 Morgans.

SD

Edited to add: just kidding with ya. >>

Haha I hope you know even the common morgans in MS 65 are over a hundred dollars a piece. If you PM with that dates you think you have I can tell you their value image I have a price guide nearby!

And at the high they went for???

SD
    Good for you.
    thousands! Demands on date and mint mark.

K...........well I thought we were discussing common Morgans. At least that is what you mentioned. From my recollection between 1985 and 1990 they were run up to about 500.00 In your post above you claim that they are now worth a hundred dollars.

Sounds like they too went down.

To have the same value you would now need a 66 or a 67 coin.
    Below is a link that charts the movement of morgan dollars. please note 1878s as it is a fairly common example.

morgans
    Good for you.
    The price is determined by their demand and their mintage too!

yes I know that. The keys have certaintly gone up. I'm sure your vault is filled with them.

You stated above about common dates, to know say depends on date and mintmark seems a lil wishy washy.

across the board, the common ms 65 morgan that was run up in the 80's is down. Just like the modern cards from the 80's.

SD
    Good for you.
    true... you have to take into consideration when silver went to a whooping $80 an ounce back in 1980. Prices were quite high as you can imagine for a high grade morgan.

That was not in my consideration. I thought i had said 1985 to 90
    (i did say at the high...)
    yes in 1980 junk dollars would get you almost what a 65 brings today.

SD
    Good for you.
    I just began colleting back in 2002. Therefore, I'm not familiar with their prices in the late 80's.

-Brent

Brent I then suggest you click on the link I provided. It is filled with lotsa info. Good luck in your collecting endeavors.

It is a wonderful hobby

Steve
    Good for you.
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭✭
    So back to the original post...

I work in a card shop, and basically 9/10's of the stuff we get in is 1987-1994 stuff people had stuck in a notebook, and are now banking on getting their child through school. They don't realize that, since EVERYONE IN AMERICA did this, it can't be worth anything at this point....

John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS

<< <i>So back to the original post...

I work in a card shop, and basically 9/10's of the stuff we get in is 1987-1994 stuff people had stuck in a notebook, and are now banking on getting their child through school. They don't realize that, since EVERYONE IN AMERICA did this, it can't be worth anything at this point....

John >>

John
    My son was doing the bulk of his collecting during the explosion around 1990.

I remember watching a lady on HSN talk about funding her children's college education on a couple of auto DiMaggio bats! Boy did those things tube!!!

As many of us have said, investing in a hobby is risky business.

Funding your hobby with other stuff is an entirely different thing IMO.

mike
    Mike
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So back to the original post...

John >>

John
    My son was doing the bulk of his collecting during the explosion around 1990.

I remember watching a lady on HSN talk about funding her children's college education on a couple of auto DiMaggio bats! Boy did those things tube!!!

As many of us have said, investing in a hobby is risky business.

Funding your hobby with other stuff is an entirely different thing IMO.

mike >>

Good answer,

This is a hobby not a form of investment for me. I have my 401K and my Roth IRA doing that for me. I spend money on what I can afford for what I am willing to pay for it not worrying about how much it might be worth 20 years from now. Just how I do it.

Stingray
  • Tell people that have been stock piling pre war in high grade or just simply rare prewar cards that they aren't good investments. They've been phenomenal investments.image

<< <i>Tell people that have been stock piling pre war in high grade or just simply rare prewar cards that they aren't good investments. They've been phenomenal investments.image >>

Not saying that there are investments out there. I just try not to look at any of my purchases as such. I would expect cards that are no longer going to be found in unopened form or any other "finds" are going to go up in value and therefore are a type of investment. I just choose not to look at it that way.

Stingray
  • lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    Eventually even the late 80 - early 90 crap will go up in value...............problem is most of us will be long dead and buried by that time............
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

<< <i>Eventually even the late 80 - early 90 crap will go up in value...............problem is most of us will be long dead and buried by that time............ >>

That is why I am going to have it buried with me.image

Stingray
  • MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Eventually even the late 80 - early 90 crap will go up in value...............problem is most of us will be long dead and buried by that time............ >>

I'm not so sure there will be more demand even then. The supply is just too great.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

• << <i>So do T206's and E cards.

now how about those 65's? they still up?

SD >>

T-cards rule. image