Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Karl Stephens Price List

Got mine today, anyone else order anything?

Comments

• Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    I didn't get one this time around...I'm not surprised...I returned a piece to him last month that, upon inspection, was far short of my expectations.
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Didn't get mine yet.... will probably turn up in the in box eventually, but if someone has one and wants to FW it image my e-mail is admin@second-republic.com
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    Mine's a hard copy, I live about 20 miles North of him so it shows promptly.
  • Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Not here yet Karl Stephens

Looking forward to it!!

• Options
    Anything interesting from Poland 1919 to 1939? image
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    Nothing stands out in my memory. Unfortunately, I already passed the list on to another interested party and can't refer back.image
  • Options
    WHere's mine?
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭✭
    NADA againimage for me.

Gene
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    Don't worry folks only the snail mail version went out. They hvae not yet sent the email version.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    It's not on the website either. I call this preferrential treatment JamminJ. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options

<< <i>I call this preferrential treatment JamminJ. image >>

I am a very good customer.image
  • Options

<< <i>It's not on the website either. >>

Their internet guy flaked out on them.
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Their internet guy flaked out on them. >>

That is probably a blessing...their website hasn't become known for its dynamic and up to date presentation nor cutting-edge interactive capabilities... I mean, put the money out and it'll pay for itself...
  • Options
    wildjagwildjag Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Their internet guy flaked out on them. >>

I hope they upgrade soon.

At least 10 months ago, I offered to buy several of the coins in their Current offerings / World coins list. They said ok and let us check in the vault for them. Then came back and said they were sold, but they still show on the website's page even today. If they need someone to redo/update their website remotely, I will work for coins image
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Their internet guy flaked out on them. >>

That is probably a blessing...their website hasn't become known for its dynamic and up to date presentation nor cutting-edge interactive capabilities... I mean, put the money out and it'll pay for itself... >>

So you get yet another world wide known state of the art website. We already have trouble between us,who will choose first, imagine if the entire world has immediate interactive access.No, I like it like this.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    BailathaclBailathacl Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    I've tried to order a few times from Mr. Stephens via email, but never got a reply. I assume that means the items I tried to order were no longer available. I'll give it one more try since most members here seem to be very high on him. Just need a new list to access....
    "The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson
  • Options

<< <i>I've tried to order a few times from Mr. Stephens via email, but never got a reply. I assume that means the items I tried to order were no longer available. I'll give it one more try since most members here seem to be very high on him. Just need a new list to access.... >>

Use the phone, you'll get far better results.
  • Options
    Actually recently his wife has taken over for his email and has been pretty good at getting back to me in a timely fashion.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    ColinCMRColinCMR Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭
    haven't received mine yet
  • Options
    My e-mail (PDF) list just got here tonight.

Bob
    I like Ikes!! But I especially like Viking Ships, Swedish Plate Money, and all coins Scandinavian.
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    I just received mine in the mail. It takes longer for things to get to flyover country.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    What are we going to do when Karl retires? image
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    The latest list on his web site is from September last year. Does he have a newer one out?
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    BailathaclBailathacl Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Can someone ask Karl what is up if they see him at NYINC? I miss seeing his online lists....
    "The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid that everything on his "latest" list on his website is long gone. Now that the Heritage auction is over, Karl is the only place I know of that has the kind of coins I like. I need my fix!
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭