Home Sports Talk
Options

Nightly Sport Joke

Why does McNabb have to eat his Chunky Soup out of a cup?

Because he chokes when he gets to the bowl image

Comments

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    No bowls for him, though - in the forseeable future!
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very funny but remember the Eagles were only 4 points away from winning last season's Super Bowl. Also remember that he's still young as far as quarterbacks go. Donovan will win a number of Super Bowls before he retires and his name is enshrined in the Football Hall of Fame.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>Very funny but remember the Eagles were only 4 points away from winning last season's Super Bowl. Also remember that he's still young as far as quarterbacks go. Donovan will win a number of Super Bowls before he retires and his name is enshrined in the Football Hall of Fame. >>

How long have we been hearing this drivel?

It's obvious to those outside Philly that he can't win the big game...and the empire crumbling around his feet in Philly isn't going to make things any easier...I suspect the Eagles will have an incredibly tough time even making the playoffs this year, couple with the fact Reid has turned into Martz in his absolute refusal to assemble a running game, TO bailing, and you could have the downturn that is inevitable of every NFL team.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< the downturn that is inevitable of every NFL team. >>>

A valid point. I predicted before the season that the Eagles would win the Super Bowl by two touchdowns. I have accepted the fact that the Eagles may not be as strong as last season. Therefore I am downgrading my position on the Eagles. The Eagles will win the Super Bowl by only one touchdown and a field goal - 10 points instead of 14 points.
  • Options

<< <i>Donovan will win a number of Super Bowls before he retires and his name is enshrined in the Football Hall of Fame. >>

That's what us Dan Marino fans were saying in the mid 80s....sheesh..... image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    It's obvious to those outside Philly that he can't win the big game...

much like Elway ... until he won two. How bout Peyton Manning? His career will be overshadowed by baby brother. NFC East fans have much heartache in store for them, as much as it pains me to admit it.

The Eagles lost to a better team in the Super Bowl. The Patriots were a better team. I think the definition of "choke" is used rather loosely on these boards (see JoeStalin and his alter ego) and "sucks" is another word (see kuhlman) ... add daddy43 and the host of "out of the closet cowboy fans" makes you wonder sometimes.

BTW, don't tell us that you guys were on board w/Chan Gailey and Anthony Wright ... every Redskin, Giant and Eagles fan know that is bull. You may have been fans, but were so in hiding. That is a cowboy fan, and everyone knows it.

I am not as confident as my Eagles brethren on these boards, but other than on the CU boards, I have never heard that McNabb can't win the big game. The Eagles as a unit? I have heard that, which was understandable after they lost three in a row. No one was blaming McNabb for those losses, and the only people that blamed McNabb for the Super Bowl was a chump receiver and TO.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    We were 10-6 and made the playoffs Chan Gailey's first year .

I think a better example would've been Jimmy Johnson's first year as coach . And my wife ( girlfriend at the time ) will tell you , i had her butt at the local sportsbar every Sunday that year and let me tell you that was one looonnngg year. Thanks to Washington it wasn't a total disaster.
  • Options
    1420sports, you don't know what you are talking about. I have been a Cowboys fan since birth. I'm a 3rd generation Cowboys fan who was born in Dallas. I stick by my team win or lose. I still remeber those damn Buddy Ryan Eagles teams that would whip the Cowboys in the late 80's early 90's. Eagles fans are stupid. Why you ask! You booed Mcnadd when you guys drafted him, and now you are all on his ball sack! The only closet you know is the one you just came out of! So 1420sports go tell your husband to give you some more football stuff so you can come post later!
    Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Yikes!!!! My first thought was that he was slurping it from HIS cup.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    I have been a Cowboys fan since birth.

sure you were .... and yet you only post during the wins. The other cowboy fan has been here - giving and taking it for some time.

cakkaroach!

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Why does McNabb have to eat his Chunky Soup out of a cup?

Because he chokes when he gets to the bowl image >>

that's pretty darn funny!
  • Options
    I post durning the losses too. You will be gone after a few more games and return to the closet from which you came. So go and eat some more of those philly tubesteaks you love so much 1420sports!
  • Options
    Two things come from Texas

steers and queers ... with all the "closet" talk and mentioning of "tubesteak" - gee, I wonder image
  • Options
    The only thing that philly has is tubesteaks but it only comes in 2 inchs or less! But in your case that's stretching it.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Daddy - a gastronomical correction. Philly is known for thier great CHEESESTEAKS. Tube steaks are the fare of cowboys.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...