Home Sports Talk

Who's next to score 6 goals in a game?

Hope you like the "new" NHL as much as I do. Some teams are flying and have close to 20 scoring chances a game now. Who do you think is going to score 6 goals in one game next? It's closing in on almost 30 years since Darryl Sittler did it in 1976. Now that the trap is gone do you think it will happen again? Who would be your pick to do it?
Holes-in-One
1. 7-17-81 Warrenton GC Driver 310 yards 7th Hole (Par 4)
2. 5-22-99 Warrenton GC 6 iron 189 yards 10th Hole
3. 7-23-99 Oak Meadow CC 5 iron 180 yards 17th Hole
4. 9-19-99 Country Lake GC 6 iron 164 yards 15th Hole
5. 8-30-09 Country Lake GC Driver 258 yards 17th Hole (Par 4)

Collector of Barber Halves, Commems, MS64FBL Frankies, Full Step Jeffersons & Mint state Washington Quarters

Comments

• yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I hadn't thought about it, but I guess it really could happen this year. I'll say Kovalchuk. It's easy to envision a few 5-goal games this season so I think someone will at least have a solid shot at 6.

I'm pretty excited about the new league. I don't like shootouts and there's an undercurrent of sellout to the changes, but the game really is better. There were just way too many unwatchable games two years ago.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    So do you guys think the NHL will be keep it up all season and during the playoffs?

The NCAA tried calling everything last year, but only kept it up for a half season. I just wonder if the NHL will go the distance. I do hope they do as the level of play is rediculously high from my point of view as a college hockey fan.
  • I hope they follow through and keep calling everything. Everyone seems to really enjoy the games. From the few shootouts I've seen so far, it appears to be a huge success and almost a playoff-like atmosphere. Most of the goons are out of the game and some of the old guard don't appear to have made the switch to the new style yet (Chris Pronger comes to mind).

Kovalchuk, Dany Heatley, Kovalev, Jagr, Alfredsson, Iginla...my picks definitely favor the Northeast teams which seem to be playing at a much faster speed than the western and midwestern teams.

Selanne (I've seen him waiting to cherrypick from the blue line in a game. I imagine it's only a matter of time until they figure out set plays to spring guys for breakaways.)
    Holes-in-One

Collector of Barber Halves, Commems, MS64FBL Frankies, Full Step Jeffersons & Mint state Washington Quarters
  • Who's next to score 6 goals in a game?.......Abby Wambach!
  • Jagr!!
  • It could happen tonight. Martin Havlat of the Senators has 4 goals tonight at the end of the 2nd period as Ottawa leads the Buffalo Sabre's 7 - 3.

Rob..
    Collecting PSA Vintage Hockey
  • Alexander Ovechkin, who I think has a great chance to win the Rookie of the Year, and Sidney Crosby (the favorite to win ROY) are two young studs that should have been on my list.
    Holes-in-One