Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Why do sellers...

Offer submit your best offer and never respond to the offer? Why have that on your listing if you have no intention of answering the offer. I have submitted two offers to 2 different sellers and neither responded. Just let the offer expire. Great customer service. Scratch two sellers off my buy list. Please don't tell me they are just too busy to answer. I work 12 hrs a day six days a week and I find time to make an offer.image

Ed
email address: alohaet@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Ed is it possible that they felt the offer was low?

i agree with you, even if the offer was low they could at least reply and say as such.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

One card was listed at $60 and I offered $45. No SMR listed for the card. They other was for 2 cards listed at $95 each and I offered $65. SMR for these cards is $55 each. At least come back with a counter offer.

Ed
  • Options
    it does seem that they could at least
    respond with a simple, "no thanks"

that would eliminate you thinking they
    did not get it or ignored it.

~jeff
    imageimage
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    it could also be because the seller wanted to wait for a couple days and didnt realize the offer would expire..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    That just happened to me on two cards. I got the offers on Friday, and when I went to respond to the offers on Sunday, they had both expired. I couldn't believe they only lasted two days - I still don't understand how that works.

-Al
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    i think ebays "best offer" option needs some work.. for one thing, they only allow somebody to make 1 offer? do they get to make another offer if the first one is declined?
    ·p_A·
  • Options

One of the sellers has contacted me and we made a deal. He made a good point that the offer only stays for 48 hrs.. I made my offer as soon as it was listed and he wanted to let the listing run a few days to see if it would sell. No problem with that. He also is a member of this board. Back on my would buy from sellers list.

Edimage