Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

whats your opinion about this?

Would it be worth it to take a risk and pay $15 for a pound of foreign coinage not knowing what you will get except your guanteed a good mixture?

Thanks,
Brent

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

Comments

• you can get it from some members here for less. Ajaan/Don sells by the pound on ocassion.
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭
    For $15.00 a pound you should be getting a fair amount of silver or lots of stuff in the 1800s and 1700s.

We occassionally sell a good mixture for $9-$10 a pound. Not much silver, but it's not diluted with a bunch of canadian pennies and mexican one pesos.
    https://www.civitasgalleries.com

New coins listed monthly!

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ajaan/Don sells by the pound on ocassion >>

Alas, with the passing of Ed Nowak, my bulk days are gone.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • 1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone ever buy one of those bulk Deutsche Bank sealed bags? There is a seller from NYC selling them in 1 kilo (22.5 lbs) for about $200. I imagine that most of those coins are mid to late 20th century stuff, tho.

Gene
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    I bought one of those Deutsche Bank bags on Ebay. Mine ran far less than $200 though... I think $148 shipped. It was a decent mix with good variety, but don't expect any silver or material earlier than about 1940.
  • I have bought 2 o3 Deutsche Bank bags and 1 from England. Not a lot of silver but many coins from the 1800's.

Of course many more from the 30-60's period.

I was giving about $150 or so including shipping but I think they have gone up a little now.
    Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
  • coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭
    I ended up buying a pound of foreign coins for 16.20 with shipping and handling!

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
    What was in it?
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson

<< <i>What was in it? >>

I dunno yet it is going to be fun to look though it when it comes in image

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, that's weird.

I could've sworn I just saw Wayne post here.

Nah, it couldn't be. Talk about rare yeti-like creatures...

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Seems like $15/pound is pretty high. But then again, I guess that it is all what you get in relation to what you are looking for in the lot.

I know some people have looked at me kind of funny when I tell them what I have bought and at what price, but hey, that is why we all have our own collections, not some Commie Coin Collective.

Nick
    I'll keep you all posted if I kind anything unique!