Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Counterfeit Goudey's - Sport Kings

Does anyone know if the 1933 Goudey Sport Kings are counterfeited? If so, does anyone know what to look for? I am in the process of buying some ungraded ones and I am curious what the odds are they might be fake, and how can I be sure they are real. I appreciate any help.

Comments

• Options
    Most "counterfeits" I've seen of these are actually doctored-up reprints. There would be no need for scammers to make actual counterfeits since the reprint sets can be had cheaply, then just add some homemade corner wear a crease or 2 and spill somone coffee on them and voila!

I'm sure someone hear who is expereienced with these can give you some things to look for to distinguish them.

I think the reprints usually have the word REPRINT printed on the back at the bottom and the scammers find a way to erase it, so look in that area for some evidence that something was printed there at one time.
    Football collector 1948-1995, Rams oddball cards & memorabilia, Diamond match.
    Cataloging all those pesky, unlisted 1963 Topps football color variations Updated 2/13/05