Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Brady Bunch cards

Hello all,
Anybody know anything about these cards? They have a 1969 date on the back and a wood grain border. They seem to be numbered to 88. I found a box of 297 of these cards in the local thrift store. I love the brady bunch, so I decided to buy these. They range from perfect to badly miscut and all ranges of surfaces. About 70 to 75% would grade a 6 or better. I gave $6.00 for the lot of them along with an unopened pack of the Flying Nun cards and got yelled at by the wife. Any help would be great. Thanks Scott

Comments

• Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    you scored - congrats. You can tell your wife that the Flying Nun unopened pack alone is worth 3 times what you paid for the whole lot. The Brady Bunch set is one of the last great valuable sets, primarily because of the subject matter, the colorfully appealing design and the wood borders. A clean set is worth around a grand.

I'll give you $12 for the batch - where else can you double your money except on CU?
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    Mark is being cheap. I'll give you $24 for them all image

While the cards are dated 1969, they were actually issued in 1971. There are some prototypes which are dated 1970, however, I've only ever seen 1 like that. Actually, this set is very difficult in high grade, with the major problem being centering. If you do have any that are NM/MT or better, please let me know. Raw singles in NM condition can easily sell for $10.

It's been about a year since I last found an upgrade to my registry set....

Robert
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • Options
    robert,

did you ever sell your secondary set ? (brady bunch)

HB
  • Options
    Well, I sorted them out, and i got 1 really nice complete set, 1 lesser set missing 13 and 1 set missing 25 cards with a lot of cards that I had about 6 or 7 of each. Not much worth grading, cards have been handled, but not abused. Great set with some really odd picture choices on them. Is it best to sell them individually or as lots of cards on Ebay? I have about 8 private messages to buy them from members. Should I get them graded as PSA 4, 5 and 6, will I get my money back that way, or should I offer them as raw. Thanks
  • Options
    I trhink you'd be better off selling them raw, if the best of the cards would only grade out at a 6. I have sold on ebay some Munsters, PSA 7 and gotten less for them, then the same card in true NM condition will sell for raw. Looking at the set on the registery it looks like most are trying to put togather a set in 7 or better. If I am selling cards I Try to figure out what is the lowest grade people are putting sets togather in. If the cards are below that, I sell them raw.

-Mike
  • Options
    There is no point in grading any of these which will be 4's or 5's (you wouldn't get back the grading fees, ebay, paypal fees). With 6's, you would about break even.

<< <i>did you ever sell your secondary set ? (brady bunch) >>

I kept my main PSA graded set, a super clean raw set, and then sold all my others (96 graded and 254 raw) in the last Superior auction. Unfortunately, it sold for the minimum bid image

Robert
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • Options
    A pic for a friend of mine , Enjoyimage
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    I've seen that one before.

Robes - refresh your page, the pic didn't post.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."