Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

another ebay scam be aware..............

this is a new fishing tatic there using. they almost got me!!!! there waiting for you to respond with your password.

eBay sent this message from Michael Douglan (rivernick).
Sender registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.

Question from eBay Member -- Respond Now
eBay sent this message on behalf of an eBay member via My Messages. Responses sent using email will not reach the eBay member. Use the Respond Now button below to respond to this message.

Question from rivernick
I'm still waiting the package to arrive What happened? Please mail me ASAP or I will report you to ebay. Respond to this question in My Messages.

Thank you for using eBay!
http://www.ebay.com/

Comments

• also be aware that there are some similare ebay scams with people asking where to send payment for a winning item

also the other one is from Paypal where they send you an email where it looks like you got a payment (that you did not expect) from somone you do not know, and when you click the email to login and check it out, BAM! they got your stuff!

do not log in to Any site via an email. Period.
  • There's even a PayPal scam!

Dear PayPal Customer,

You have received this email because we have strong reason to believe that your
    PayPal account had been recently compromised. In order to prevent any fraudulent
    activity from occurring we are required to open an investigation into this
    matter. To speed up this process, you are required to verify your PayPal account
    by following the link below.

http://www.paypal.com-sign-in.info
    (To complete the verification process you must fill in all the required fields)

Please Note:
    If your account informations are not updated within the next 72 hours, then we
    will assume this account is fraudulent and your account may be restricted.

We apologize for this inconvenience, but the purpose of this verification is to
    ensure that your Paypal account has not been fraudulently used and to combat
    fraud.

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be
    answered.

PayPal Account Department

Oddly, the NORMAL PayPal email adresses me with my REAL name, not a generic "Customer" label.
    Anyone else ever get this?

• Yes, I received both of these. I just simply deleted both. Good that you made everyone else aware so maybe they don't fall victim to one of these scams. It is a shame that there is always somebody trying to "get over".
  • I now forward any emails from eBay or Paypal that ask for information or ask me to go to my account to the spoof patrol at both sites. I've never received a legitimate email of any of the aforementioned types. image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • I always send these e-mails to eBay and PayPal so that they can do their investigations and catch these criminals.

With that being said, you should always simply log into your eBay or PayPal account and find out what's going on with your 'alerts' or 'messages' directly through their websites.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards