Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Short TOREX Report for the Greysiders

This was a great show to meet fellow collectors. I thought attendence was higher than the last three shows and the difference was more collectors were there. For those that follow the CCRS website, about 12-15 contributors to that board were in attendence. Lots of great coins for show and tell, lots of coin talk, and lots of beer. What could be better than that?

I went to the Friday and Saturday sessions (coins) of the auction. I missed the Thursday session (paper money). I came away with the following thoughts:

1. A very large selection of very nice Canadian tokens were on the block and they were red hot. The good ones went at or over estimates. If you were a mail bidder on tokens, you were SOL.
2. The really high quality Canadian decimals continue to sell well. The highlight was the auctioning of this set (Dimes) of dimes. Bidding was brisk on this set and some other highest quality pieces.
3. Canadian decimals of less than the highest quality (62-63-64) seemed more soft than I have seen for a while. Bargains were there to be had.
4. Newfoundland is still soft, even the condition rare stuff.

I made two nice purchases in the auction, and one on the floor. I'll post them when the mail arrives. Happy collecting. image
Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com

Comments

• Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the report Rob.

Looking forward to seeing pix of your new goodies!

Gene
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    4. Newfoundland is still soft, even the condition rare stuff.

I wish I had been there!
    Obscurum per obscurius