Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1935 Rice-Stix Dizzy Dean

I have the opportunity to pick up this card for $1070. The card is a definite 6, possibly a slider 7. PSA population report shows eight examples graded, with two 8's, two 5's, three in the 3-4, and one in 1-2, so mine would be 3rd highest. Do you guys think $1070 is a good price? I've been looking for some sales of this card and I can't find any sales of PSA graded examples.

Comments

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    There was a few years that Rice Stix seemed to be in every other mastro. I seem to recall 3 or 4 sets (Dizzy and Daffy) that were 4's and 5's that sold for about 500-700 for the set. I haven't seen any in a couple of years and with the rise in prices and if you can pull a 7 you probably did OK. Just beware of surface wrinkles that will pull you down to a 3.
    Marty Pritchard Marty's has sold a couple of sets, and I know Dan McKee has a set or 3 of these. Either might be a good source if you're looking to finish the set.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Around 1993 I sold the 2 card set to a dealer for around $1400, this is a issue u just don't see every day, I'd grab it, downside is minimal.