Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA/DNA Question - auto grade vs certified?

Hello all,

I have been searching through past posts and can't find an answer, so I thought I'd ask here. I know you can send in a card w/auto through PSA/DNA for $20 and they'll grade the card and certify the auto. I was wondering if instead of getting the auto just certified, could you get it graded AND certified? Will they do that on cards? If so, how do you go about doing it and what would the cost be? Does anyone have a scan of a slabbed card with both the auto and card graded that they could post here? Thank you for any help you can give me image

Take it easy,
Jared
"You consider me the young apprentice,
Caught between the Scylla and Charibdes,
Hypnotized by you if I should linger,
Staring at the ring around your finger" - Sting

Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.

Comments

• Options
    earlycalguyearlycalguy Posts: 1,247 ✭✭
    $20 is for auto psa/dna and grading the card is your option for the same price. they do make sure the card is authetic but will only grade if you tell them to. there is an option for this on the submission form. a slabbed card without the grade just says authentic where the grade of the card would go.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply image

Actually, I know that you can get the card either graded or listed as "authentic". My question is - can you get the autograph graded and if so how?

Take it easy,
    Jared

Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Jared,

The PSA/DNA submission form is self explanatory.. image

Go Here fill it out.. then submission form will load and you'll see the fee's for autograph grading..

- Garret
  • Options
    Hey Garret,

Thanks for the reply!! I followed your link and saw what you meant - the fees are right there image .
    I take it that means if I want a card to both be graded AND have its auto graded I need to pay $20 for the card grade/auto certification, and then another fee ($15 & up) to have the certified auto graded? Wow - I might just have to stick w/certified autos; grading them just makes the overall cost too steep for me image . Thanks for your help. If anyone has a card that has a graded auto, please post a scan image

Take it easy,
    Jared

• Options
    Just curious, but what is the criteria for grading an autograph ? It would seem difficult since no one signs their name exactly the same identical way every time !! There will always be slight variations !!
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    smudges and stuff I suppose.. Maybe sloppiness of the autograph... If the autograph is faded.. or bold..

Example.. probably a PSA 10 Sawchuk next to a PSA 1 or 2 most likely?