Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mickey Mantle Comic Book ????

My neighbor was given years ago a Mickey Mantle comic book by Mickey`s son, David !! Anyone have info on this? It has never been out of the clear cover & is in a safe deposit box !! He would like to insure it but hasn`t been able to get information !! He was told that they were only for the Mantle family & were not sold to the public !!

Comments

• Options
    I have a bunch of them. there were two or three different ones and I have multiple copies of each. they are not worth squat.
    I will see if I can find a scan
  • Options
    Well, Someone lied to him !! Huh ??? He was their mail carrier & delivered there regularly !! I have never seen one !! I would like to see a scan !!
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    If it is a 1991 Comic by Magnum, which is the only Mantle comic I have seen, then I am sorry to say it is not worth insuring. They usually get $1-$3 on eBay.

$1.04 on eBay
  • Options
    imageimage
  • Options
    found this one by googling "mantle comic" but have never seen one or have any idea what it is worth.

• Options
    The last one looks more like the description !! He said it was like a cartoon !! I told him to bring it next time he came down !! I`m curious !! Its interesting anyway !!
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were tons of Mantle stuff like this produced in the 1960's and later. Everybody kept this stuff and threw away their baseball cards.
  • Options
    Well, he gave the book to his son & told him to keep it for his grandson ect. so maybe by the time they are grown it will be worth a little !!!
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    If you burry anything in the sand for a few thousand years it will increase in value somewhat.