Home Metal Detecting
Options

Some of today's finds

This is the second time trying to get this sent. The first time, I had typed for 20 minutes or so telling about the things myself and my son found. I'm just gonna post the pics and let them speak for themselves. Two of the finds are my son's, can you guess which one's?

Enjoy the pics.

I hope to get some info on this item.

This is one of the coolest buttons I have seen. The back is dated 1844.

1806 George III farthing--or at least I think it is

Need info on this one also. The scale below is centimeters.
Also need some kind of info on this one.
Speer34

imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    Nice finds Scott! What is written across the banner between the two stars on the pin/badge thingy? I really don't have a clue about any of them, but will guess your son found the button and the farthing.
    Nice work!
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Wow!!!
    Very nice finds. Looks like you have a nice old site to work for a while. The button is cool.
  • Options
    Cool sporting Button, even has a date!
    can you read the mint mark on the back?
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    Wow!! Very nice!
    It seems you're well on your way of becoming "Lord of the buttons"! (although Phut offers stiff resistance in that department) image
    You haven't been at it very long, and I think I can already hear the sound... yep, that's it:

imageimage

I'm with Goldrush in guessing which ones your son found.
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    First of all, I'm sorry that I didn't go into more detail last night when I posted this. I had spent about 20 minutes or so typing and then I lost it before I got it posted. Needless to say, I was not very happy. Here is what I have found out about the items. Starting clockwise from the top--top center is a furniture ornament. It's usually decoration from a handle on the furniture. Top right--still not completely sure on this one--someone thinks it may be some kind of fastener--for what is unknown. Middle right is an 1806 George III farthing. Bottom center is a badge commemorating Queen Victoria's reign. The writing under the badge is, "The Longest Reign". This was made in 1897. Middle left is the duck button. The writing on the back of the button is, "New Sporting Designs, 1844" No other writing to be found. The pic for the duck button isn't very clear but the thing looks remarkable. Top left is another button. On the back is the word PLATED. It does appear to have a silverish plating to the front of it, but it is so gunky that I can't make out the design on the front.

My son found the furniture decoration and the duck button. He wanted to find a coin so bad but it didn't happen yesterday. I wish that I could have gotten a couple of more of those, but I'll take what I get.

Thanks for looking
    Speer34

imageimageimage
  • Options
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool!
  • Options
    Very nice find's Speer and Really like the duck button.HH,Tom