Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Some old UK silvers this time...

...all Celtic from Queen Boudiccas Iceni tribe, and all pre-date Christ by 20-40 years. Sizes are all about 11-12mm, regardless of the pictures.

Me? I'm perfectly balanced...got a chip on both shoulders!
imageimageimage

Comments

• 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Wow, I'm speechless!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭
    Cool. All I have in my backyard are bottlecaps and pull tabs.image

Wasn't Boudiccas the one who betrayed Caradoc?
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She was the one who gave the Romans a headache, I think.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Ah Celtic coinage! That's an area i haven't branched into yet. Although my collection keeps going further and further back. I'm still in CE era so far, i haven't broke into the BCE coins just yet.

I suppose one day i will. And Boudicca is a good one as there's good bit history attached to those! (My knowledge of British history though does not stretch as far back as this!)

• << <i>She was the one who gave the Romans a headache, I think. >>

Yeah she did. All i know is she rose up against the Romans because of some grievance against them. They'd murdered some of her family i think. So she went and attacked them with her tribe and i think i'm right in thinking she won. Although no doubt the Romans (knowing the Romans) would have gone back and got her eventually?

I dunno though my knowledge of this island's history peters out in about 750CE, before is all dark and murky.
  • Yes dear Boudicca, the lady was agrieved because they killed her husband, kidnapped and raped her two daughters.
    She called the others Celtic clans together and stormed and burnt London and killed 25,000 Romans. She then raised Colcheter to the ground killing an estimated 70,000 (she never took prisoners)
    Unfortunately she then sat back on her laurals and partied, the Romans however regrouped and beat the crap out of them.
    For the official version follow the link. image

Click here for Boudicca.
    Me? I'm perfectly balanced...got a chip on both shoulders!
    imageimageimage

• << <i>Yes dear Boudicca, the lady was agrieved because they killed her husband, kidnapped and raped her two daughters.
    She called the others Celtic clans together and stormed and burnt London and killed 25,000 Romans. She then raised Colcheter to the ground killing an estimated 70,000 (she never took prisoners)
    Unfortunately she then sat back on her laurals and partied, the Romans however regrouped and beat the crap out of them. >>

The Romans are so predictable! image