Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Who has the Ken Dryden PSA 10 OPC Rook???

Can anyone help me find the person who got this recently graded for the 71/72 opc nhl set??

I am very interested in purchasing this card............for that matter, if any of you out there have high grade
71/72 opc nhl stuff (PSA 8 but preferably PSA 9 quality) drop me a line and will see if we can do business.

But I really want to find out who has this ken dryden perfect rookie??

Thanks

Comments

• KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    AlbertanDude,

The guys at DMD Classics have a LOT of '71's that are about to be graded. They all looked like 9's to me. Saw them a few days ago. dmdclassics.com if you're going to phone, phone David Martel. They'll provide scan if requested.

Oh and if you live in Alberta they're located in here Edmonton so maybe you can see the cards in person even.

- Garret
  • AlbertaDude,

I know who has the newly graded OPC Dryden PSA 10 -- it's my cousin in Banff! He has no plans to part with it or the rest of his hockey cards, however. His collection (going back to 1954-55 Topps) is almost entirely raw and he's just starting to have some cards graded. His stuff is the best. He collects only hockey but I don't -- I'm strictly a baseball guy.

Chris
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭✭
    Garret,

Do you think he as a Dionne rookie with a shot at a PSA 9?

Shag
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭
    Can you ask your cousin to post a picture? I would love to see what a 10 Dryden rookie looks like?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Collector Chris, are you sure he is not going to put it up for sale???

I wonder if you could even get him to email me just so I could discuss with him
    about this card?

Thanks

Devon in Calgary
  • Knuckles thanks for that inside tip on DMD..........so they have some nice stuff in this year eh???

I already have most of this set Raw or Graded........I have a Dryden rook that might be a PSA 9...

But I am working on the highest graded set in this year and I would love to add a PSA 10 Dryden to
    my set.......

I already own 8 of the 11 PSA 10's for this set along with both the Checklist in PSA 9....

I already have a Dionne and Lafluer PSA 9 and their is no higher so I am happy with those....
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I already have a Dionne and Lafluer PSA 9 and their is no higher so I am happy with those.... >>

Ah, so you're the one who outbid me on eBay early this year.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Sorry about that Shag........well, there will always be others!!!!

I just lost out on that Bobby Orr PSA 9 Hart Trophy card for over 700 bucks.....

But they always come around again....
    Shag, not that I know of but if you contact him he'll keep an eye out a killer Dionne at all the shows they attend.
  • DMD over grades their cards. Don't trust them. They have cards with light paper loss graded EXMT.
    They will give you scans of the card(s) you're interested in along with a detailed description and they'll give you your money back if you don't agree with the grade of the card.

To each his own *shrug*