Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Wagner auction...Good story in the questions.

Text
Read the questions and check out the story the guy tells about his T-206 Wagner. He has some nice highend autos up for auction, but he takes pictures of them in his car lol.

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first thing I noticed was the Nike's Allen - pretty funny - about being in the car to take the photo.

Maybe for the light?

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    is that a cassette tape on his floorboard?
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>is that a cassette tape on his floorboard? >>

Condoms!

Mike
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    IT CLEARLY STATES ON LABLE THIS IS 1ST THEY HAVE EVER GRADED AND IT GRADED

LOL
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Hard to tell whats worse, the misleading auction or "one of the biggest vintage sports card collecters in the world" emailing him to tell his own story about owning a real T206 Wagner that has been in his family's collection for 90 years. I always add that prestigous title in any questions I ask of sellers......
  • Options
    Question & Answer

Q: I am curious. You have a good feedback which prompts me to do business with you. If you think this card will be worth thousands, why wouldn't you sell it for that yourself? Is it that it may be possibly worth that much years from now?
    Oct-22-05
    A: THANKS FOR THE TRUST. I HAVE LEARNED. IF I BUY, I MUST SELL, OR I WILL BE BROKE. THIS IS JUST A HOBBY FOR ME. BEST OF LUCK.

Q: How do you know its worth money. What if its right about what the other person said?
    Oct-22-05
    A: THIS IS A NO RESERVE AUCTION. BID IF YOU WANT TO. BEST OF LUCK.

Q: I wanted to let you know, I have been following this auction very closely, and I wanted to let you know that the card you described is NOT A T206 Honus Wagner, but in fact a 1952 Brown & Bigelow Honus Wagner, and even so the card is only worth about $25.00, I know this for a fact because I am one of the biggest vintage sports card collecters in the world. Because in fact I own a real T206 Honus Wagner that has been in my family's collection for the last 90+ years. Thank You Barry
    Oct-22-05
    A: THEN I MUST TELL YOU MY STORY, I BOUGHT A T 206 WAGNER IN KNOXVILLE FROM A GUY ABOUT 15 YEARS AGO. HE HAD THE GRANDFATHER STORY AND SEVERAL DEALERS THERE COULD NOT TELL ME FOR SURE REAL OR NOT. I TOOK THE CHANCE AND BOUGHT IT. I KNEW GREZTKY AND MCNALL HAD BOUGHT ONE. CALLED OUT THERE. MCNALL ALSO OWNED AND AUCTION CO. IN WHICH I WAS INVITED TO CAL. TO HELP DETERMINE THE AUTHENTICITY OF MINE. I TOOK A RED EYE AND LANDED IN LA. PICKED UP AT AIRPORT AND OFF TO SEE. SHE--THEIR SECRETARY HANDED ME THEIRS. SO IN MY HANDS, MINE AND THEIRS. SHE TOOK ME TO THE AUTHENTICATOR WHO WAS ABLE TO DETERMINE IN ABOUT 15 SECS. MINE WAS COUNTERFIT. BUMMER--RED EYE BACK TO KNOXVILLE, WISER AND BROKER. BEST OF LUCK. PS SEVERAL HAVE TOLD ME THAT THIS IS NOT THAT RARE, BUT NOT MANY PEOPLE SEEM TO HAVE ONE.

Q: Do you have a scan of the back of the card?
    Oct-22-05
    A: I POSTED IT. BEST OF LUCK.

Q: HI,YOU SAID THIS WAS ATHENICATED A MONTH AGO.DO YOU HAVE CERTIFICATE AND WHO ATHENICATED IT?THANKS KEVIN
    Oct-20-05
    A: GLOBAL AUTHENTICATION. HOPE THIS HELPS. BEST OF LUCK. THANKS

Q: Hi I just looked up the value of this card on Beckett.com, and the value is listed as $0.00. This isn't any $1,000,000.00 card... How do figure this may become a 1 million dollar card? Thank you, Joe
    Oct-20-05
    A: I will take all you have at that price. How many do you have? How can they list a card 50 years old with Honus Wagner on it, for $0.00. Think it could be a mistake? Plus graded by global 7.5 out of 10. 1st graded.