Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

No Grade secondary to -- "Minimimum Size Requirement" question

I recently submitted a card that was not graded due to "did not meet minimum size requirements."

Well, the card was received back by me today from PSA and I want to resubmit it -- it looks basically like all the other '93 REF's I've submitted to PSA.

Has anyone had any luck resubmitting cards that didn't receive a grade due to this condition?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    Not much to lose by trying again, they will give you a voucher for it because it doesn't meet min. size req. Might want to measure it and see how far it is short. 3/64 or more and I think you may wind up out of luck.
  • Options
    I'd say it's pretty darn close to the exact size of all my other '93 refractors.

Anyone else have any experience with this issue?
  • Options
    I've had that happen to me three times, each time it went through on the second go round
  • Options
    DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    I'm certain that 93 finest refractor was indeed trimmed. I can assure you that the TRAINED and CERTIFIED professionals at PSA won't miss obvious trim jobs. With the latest special high powered calibraters designed to detect even the smallest difference in weight and measurements of a card, PSA spots cards that went 'under the knife' better than the jokers across the street like GAI, SGC and BGS.

I've NEVER heard of someone being able to resubmit a card and getting a different grade past the EXPERT graders at PSA. PSA has the most consistent graders in the industry and the faith the collectors and dealers put in PSA is reflected by the tremendous amount of money on the PSA Set Registry. image

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • Options

<< <i>I've had that happen to me three times, each time it went through on the second go round >>

Thanks! I'll keep you posted. Orestes Destrade is a difficult one to get and I'd really like to have it graded.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm certain that 93 finest refractor was indeed trimmed. I can assure you that the TRAINED and CERTIFIED professionals at PSA won't miss obvious trim jobs. With the latest special high powered calibraters designed to detect even the smallest difference in weight and measurements of a card, PSA spots cards that went 'under the knife' better than the jokers across the street like GAI, SGC and BGS.

I've NEVER heard of someone being able to resubmit a card and getting a different grade past the EXPERT graders at PSA. PSA has the most consistent graders in the industry and the faith the collectors and dealers put in PSA is reflected by the tremendous amount of money on the PSA Set Registry. image >>

I don't mind the cheerleading for PSA, but with this post, you are acting like an A$$hole. Your posts are full of crap. Why make jmb MORE upset. Also MORON, if the cad was trimmed it would be designated as such, ever hear of minszreq. Even a novice submitter, (what was it just your free specials or never at all??) would know there is a diffrence from minszreq and evidtrim so keep your childish comments to yourself, or ENLIGHTEN us when the time is right. But NOT when someone is simply asking a question, they don't need to hear how they bought a "trimmed" card when your Gods at PSA SAY IT WASN'T TRIMMED DUMMY. And just cause you put a image doesn't make it ok JERK image
  • Options

<< <i>

I don't mind the cheerleading for PSA, but with this post, you are acting like an A$$hole. Your posts are full of crap. Why make jmb MORE upset. Also MORON, if the cad was trimmed it would be designated as such, ever hear of minszreq. Even a novice submitter, (what was it just your free specials or never at all??) would know there is a diffrence from minszreq and evidtrim so keep your childish comments to yourself, or ENLIGHTEN us when the time is right. But NOT when someone is simply asking a question, they don't need to hear how they bought a "trimmed" card when your Gods at PSA SAY IT WASN'T TRIMMED DUMMY. And just cause you put a image doesn't make it ok JERK image >>

• Options
    good thing you edited, wouldn't want to see u kicked off the boards image
  • Options
    Why would they kick me off? I'm one of PSA's biggest supporters! image

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm certain that 93 finest refractor was indeed trimmed. I can assure you that the TRAINED and CERTIFIED professionals at PSA won't miss obvious trim jobs. With the latest special high powered calibraters designed to detect even the smallest difference in weight and measurements of a card, PSA spots cards that went 'under the knife' better than the jokers across the street like GAI, SGC and BGS.

I've NEVER heard of someone being able to resubmit a card and getting a different grade past the EXPERT graders at PSA. PSA has the most consistent graders in the industry and the faith the collectors and dealers put in PSA is reflected by the tremendous amount of money on the PSA Set Registry. image >>

I don't mind the cheerleading for PSA, but with this post, you are acting like an A$$hole. Your posts are full of crap. Why make jmb MORE upset. Also MORON, if the cad was trimmed it would be designated as such, ever hear of minszreq. Even a novice submitter, (what was it just your free specials or never at all??) would know there is a diffrence from minszreq and evidtrim so keep your childish comments to yourself, or ENLIGHTEN us when the time is right. But NOT when someone is simply asking a question, they don't need to hear how they bought a "trimmed" card when your Gods at PSA SAY IT WASN'T TRIMMED DUMMY. And just cause you put a image doesn't make it ok JERK image >>

Looks like somebody flunked Sarcasm 101 in college
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like somebody flunked Sarcasm 101 in college >>

Least I graduated high school.
    Just saying there is a time and place for everything, sarcasm included
  • Options
    Well, in any case, the original seller (wcsports1) has sent me a nasty and very threatening email because I posted him (-) feedback. It was a rude, classless, and idiotic email.

I advise ALL members of this forum to steer clear of this TOOL seller (WCSPORTS1) in future auctions.
  • Options
    DBH,

Per your "fish on a line" picture, I pictured you somewhat fatter. image
  • Options
    DaBigHurt,

You know, your support for PSA is sometimes honorable, and often laughable. I have no problem with someone promoting their favorite service, but I swear sometimes I think that you really try to get someone pissed off by acting like you are in some kind of PSA induced trance. Do you really try to act like the moron that you are perceived to be by the members here?

It really makes you look rather silly, time after time.
  • Options
    earlycalguyearlycalguy Posts: 1,247 ✭✭
    jmbkb4 - the card that did not meet minimum size requirements - you bought this raw from a seller and that is how it came back graded or not graded? if that is why you left him negative feedback? if so isn't minimum size requirements a factory issue in producing the card? and not the seller's fault. mabye I missing why you left him negative feedback.
  • Options
    If the Destrade comes back graded the next time around, you can always withdraw the neg feedback, but for now, PSA said it was trimmed, so it's trimmed. image

• Options
    DBH, I'm with you here. I left the seller a (-) because I was threatened by him in an email when I asked him for a refund.

Some sellers on eBay (i.e., WCSPORTS1) should learn some manners or else get out of the sales division of the mafia. image