Home Sports Talk
Options

Unlike another first baseman Konerko hands over the ball

IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
Watching the White Sox parade and speeches, Konerko calls up Reinsdorf and gives him the ball of the last play of the 2005 World Series. Class guy. image

Comments

• Options
    Great guy and story

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    And I sure hope the White Sox resign this guy. Is there another player that personifies the attitude of team more than Paulie? I swear, everyone has an uncle that looks like Paulie LOL image

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    He is indeed a class guy - I am sure he will keep it up next season in his Red Sox uniform.
  • Options
    Rumor mill is either Boston or California. I'd hate to see him go, but that is the economics of the game. Fortunately for the Sox they are loaded with pitching, outfield and first base prospects, so either they will promote from within or swing a trade if he signs elsewhere. Kenny Williams has shown to be aggressive. Anyway I got a feeling next year could be very interesting in the American League.

Did Doug get the 2004 ball back yet? image
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way Reinsdorf is letting Konerko go IMO!

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I really have no idea if he's coming to Boston, of course - I am just hopeful that he does. I always thought he was a top tier 1B in the AL (always drafted him highly in my fantasy leagues), and I also think he'd be a great fit in Fenway. Can you imagine it - Ortiz, Ramirez, Konerko as your 3,4, and 5? That would be pretty tough to beat.

The White Sox do appear well set up for the next few years, and you have to tip your cap to Kenny Williams for putting this team together. Seems like a lot of players on the current White Sox were castoffs (Jenks, Everett, and Contreras come to mind) but they meshed together this season into a great team.
  • Options
    It didn't help the White Sox much when they had Konerko, Magglio Ordonez, Frank Thomas and Carlos Lee in the line up. Losing a game 9-7 is worse then winning one 3-2.

I thought Manny said this weekend trade him or he isn't showing up. Did I hear that wrong?
  • Options

<< <i>
    I thought Manny said this weekend trade him or he isn't showing up. Did I hear that wrong? >>

That was 2 days ago. Now he wants a contract extension!! image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    I thought Manny said this weekend trade him or he isn't showing up. Did I hear that wrong? >>

That was 2 days ago. Now he wants a contract extension!! image >>

At this point, it is whatever ESPN plays it out to be. image Whatever story keeps the Manny saga alive, you can be assured ESPN will overplay it.

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I know Manny was trying to sell his game worn jerseys the other day. Does he really need the money?? Ludicrous!!
  • Options

<< <i>I know Manny was trying to sell his game worn jerseys the other day. Does he really need the money?? Ludicrous!! >>

Hey, $20 mil does not buy as much on Newberry Street as it used to!! image
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I know Manny was trying to sell his game worn jerseys the other day. Does he really need the money?? Ludicrous!! >>

I think he's just too lazy to do his own laundry!