Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Anyone heard of these??

Just picked up a complete 55 card set of these cards that have a 1967 Topps copyright: Maya/Mysteries of India...anyone heard of these. Also picked up 3 Beatles cards, also produced by Topps. Not sure of the year..back says "Beatles Movie "A Hard Day's Night"???

Comments

• Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on your pick up - like anything else, if you like the cards that's what's most important.

The 55 card Maya set is valued at around $35 in top condition - this and the Daktari set come up often on ebay and the guide value is pretty accurate. There is, however, a 16 piece puzzle set that is worth quite a bit more and rarely comes up for auction.

There were five Beatle card sets issued around 1964: the 3-series black and white set, the color set, the "Diary" set, the "Hard Days Nite" set and the plaks set. The plaks set is much scarcer than any of the others; singles in the other four sets go for a couple bucks and up depending on condition.

Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    You mentioned "the guide".

Why guide do you use?
    I have "Price Guide to the Non-Sports Cards" by Benjamin.
    I have 3 of these #2, #3 part two, #4)
    But these are old (1980's)

I also have Paul Hart's Gum Guide 2

Thanks for any info.
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    The Benjamin book is great but of course the values listed are ancient. I use 3 magazine update price guides - a 2005 NSU, a 2001 (?) Collect and a third recent one I keep at the office. Not a one is really accurate, but by checking all three I can get an idea of what should be a realistic value.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    Thanks.
    I also have a current NSU, just trying to see if I was missing anything.

I need all the help I can get.... image