Home Sports Talk
Options

White Sox now face a huge loss.....

The Sox are moving from ESPN 1000 to WSCR 670. With this move, they are losing John Rooney, probably one of the best play by play announcers in baseball. I can't stand listening to Harrelson and Jackson on TV. I'm sure that all Chicago locals will agree that he will be missed greatly. Thanks, John for some of the best commentary !!

Wick

Enjoy collecting vintage baseball cards, memorabilia and autos

Comments

• Options
    jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    Ed Farmer did the "commentary" for the Sox, Rooney was the fine play by play man.

The Sox have had and lost, Jack Brickhouse, Bob Elson, and even Harry Carey, they shall survive.

16 of their last 17 games won, including the post season !!!!!!!

The Chicago Whitesox ARE the World Champions !!!!!!!!

This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.
  • Options

<< <i>The Sox are moving from ESPN 1000 to WSCR 670. With this move, they are losing John Rooney, probably one of the best play by play announcers in baseball. I can't stand listening to Harrelson and Jackson on TV. I'm sure that all Chicago locals will agree that he will be missed greatly. Thanks, John for some of the best commentary !!

Wick >>

This postseason, I heard John Rooney doing some play by play, by Ed Farmer does most of it.

I heard a rumor that Tim McCarver has caught the bug for radio and wants to do play by play on the radio before he retires. He is now supposedly interested in the Sox gig on WSCR. Can you confirm?

Thanks

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>The Sox are moving from ESPN 1000 to WSCR 670. With this move, they are losing John Rooney, probably one of the best play by play announcers in baseball. I can't stand listening to Harrelson and Jackson on TV. I'm sure that all Chicago locals will agree that he will be missed greatly. Thanks, John for some of the best commentary !!

Wick >>

Hawk and DJ are the 2 most painful announcers to listen to. Hawk wasn't always so bad but he has gotten to caught up in his gimmicky quips that he is now just flat out annoying.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    oops...
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions