Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

C-mint SILVER! From 1797!

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
Betcha didn't know Charlotte Mint was active so early, and that they struck silver coins, huh? image

image

Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

Comments

  • Options
    wam98wam98 Posts: 2,685 ✭
    Neat image
    Wayne
    ******
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 18,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bet you ripped that coin.

    DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

    CU #3245 B.N.A. #428


    Don
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kronenthaler. Austrian Netherlands.

    Big, heavy sucker. Larger than dollar size.

    That one will add some weight to the Holey Coin Vest. image

    Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 18,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice holey. Wanna trade it?
  • Options
    That is cool as he//.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajaan- only if you think so- I thought eleven bux delivered was pretty fair. image

    Cladiator- what if I traded it to you and it turns out to be a previously-unknown die variety...AGAIIN? image

    Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 11,051 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>That one will add some weight to the Holey Coin Vest.image >>


    Hey lordmarcovan, what does your Holey Coin Vest weigh anyway?
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last time I wore it, to the 2004 FUN show, my best guesstimate was about four and a half pounds.

    But with the date set of holey large cents on the back of the vest, it's well-counterbalanced, so it's really no different in terms of comfort than wearing a normal coat, or one of those wool sport jackets, for example. It's just a bit more jingley- I sound like a walking windchime. image

    Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 11,051 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>It's just a bit more jingley- I sound like a walking windchimeimage. >>


    That's an expensive windchime.image
  • Options


    << <i>The last time I wore it, to the 2004 FUN show, my best guesstimate was about four and a half pounds.

    But with the date set of holey large cents on the back of the vest, it's well-counterbalanced, so it's really no different in terms of comfort than wearing a normal coat, >>



    Or 4 trips to the buffet at the local Golden Coral
    "Im not young enough to know everything."
    Oscar Wilde

    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.

    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image

    I don't do Golden Corral often- we're more partial to Ryan's.

    But yes- I'm carrying around more on my midsection than the equivalent of four trips to the buffet. A whole lot more. image



    Speaking of buffets and the Holey Coin Vest, I've learned not to eat lunch while wearing it.

    Can you imagine the look on a dry-cleaner's face if I brought in the HCV with some barbecue sauce on it?

    Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file