Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Ron Guth new PCGS president

ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
Maybe now PCGS will give more attention to their World Coin submissions or does this mean they have one less person grading World coins so turnaround times will even be longer?

DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>or does this mean they have one less person grading World coins so turnaround times will even be longer? >>

I've instructed Ron to ignore your submissions until further notice........he will be busy with my stuff in the meantime.imageimageimage
  • Options
    I have seen ads in past issues of Coin World that PCGS was looking for two additional world coin graders ... so they were planning well in advance for Ron's promotion.
    1st You Suck - 04/07/05 - Thanks MadMarty!

Happy Rock Wrens

You're having delusions of grandeur again. - Susan Ivanova
    Well, if you're gonna have delusions, may as well go for the really satisfying ones. - Marcus Cole
  • Options
    3Mark3Mark Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    Ron is a super person and this could not hurt the darkside. Ron has been working to cut turnaround times and will help to bring more things that will help our side. I think it's great_3Mark
    I'm traveling on memory and running out of fuel.
  • Options
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭
    This is fantastic news! Ron has been working diligently to improve service at PCGS, and his newfound authority certainly can’t hurt. I have every confidence in Ron’s knowledge and abilities, and I trust that he will continue to have a positive impact on PCGS.

BTW, Ron was previously the PCGS Director of Numismatic Research, not a grader. - Preussen
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I think this is good news.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am alittle surprised that someone that has a bigger name in the World Coin arena got this... interesting. It would be fun to apply for the world grading position...image

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    If I'm getting this right, it's good news for Phil too, I think Ron was his supervisor. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options

<< <i>Ron has been working to cut turnaround times >>

It would help if the graders didn't have to do hundreds of "MS69" AGEs to be used in scamming the elderly!
    Roy

• Options
    If Ron can bring his own attitude toward customer service into play, that will be great.

Steve
  • Options
    I care naught for PCGS, but i like Ron, bought some nice coins from him in the past.